PDA

View Full Version : Toulouse-Blagnac

dublinpilot
12th Nov 2005, 13:43
Anyone been to Toulouse-Blagnac?

Are they GA friendly?

How much cash am I likely to have to part with, to land a PA28, and park for a few hours?

A and C
12th Nov 2005, 17:11
No problems at all ,the fees for a Robin DR400 for landing and three days parking was about £ 30 this included a mini bus from and to the aircraft.

Flight plans are filed from the opps office and the met that you request from the forcaster will be faxed to the opps office for you.

The only thing I would say is have a very good look at the VFR arrival charts as the VFR entry lanes are strictly enforced and this is a very big airport so study the taxi chart as it is easy to take a wrong turn near the GA parking ramp.

dublinpilot
12th Nov 2005, 17:19
Thanks A and C,

Just what I wanted to hear :)

I'm familiar with the French arrival charts from a trip to France last year, and as I'm based at a large international airport, I'm used to the ground taxing charts. It was the costs that I was concerned about!

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

:ok:

dp

valenii
12th Nov 2005, 19:16
Like most airports in France - Great service, but they do have a habit of parking you a bit far from the GA terminal

Did my first ILS to Minima (http://www.cirrus147.com/trip_report_LFBO.htm) there last year.

Ian

cubflyer
12th Nov 2005, 21:01
Havent been to blagnac for a while, but they were always helpful before.
If you want somewhere cheaper and easier, why not try Muret to the Southwest, or Lasbordes to the east. Both friendly places and used to English spoken on the radio.
Might or might not be more convenient for where you want to go.