PDA

View Full Version : Buying upgrades with Singapore Airlines

bizflyer
11th Nov 2005, 13:22
Anyone out there know if this is possible after a firm economy booking has been made?

I'm booked out of London with Singapore Airlines to Sydney currently in Economy but might like to upgrade to Business, I've joined Krisflyer but at the moment have zero miles/points etc (this will be my first flight with them).

I guess if they have room in business they would sell me an upgrade, but what might the cost be if I did it, say at the airport on the day of travel?

Thanks

gn4p7
12th Nov 2005, 18:12
Depends on the economy ticket you have, if it is a full fare then possibly. However if it has any discount or restrictions then you will probably need to purchase a new ticket. In my experience this is pretty much the same for all the airlines.

slim_slag
13th Nov 2005, 09:22
They will take your money at the checkin desk if they have room. Asked about this the other week on LAX-LHR and the airline in question wanted $550 to upgrade cheapest economy ticket I could find at the time to business. Some will also take your money on board.

Skyflier
13th Nov 2005, 11:32
If SIA agree to do this and they won't always, they will charge the difference between the ticket you bought and the full C ticket for the journey in question, they do not sell cheap upgrades on the day.

It's probably cheaper to upgrade in advance through their call centre than wait to do it at the airport. Beware, SIA premium cabins are often full and if you wait until you are at the airport you may be disappointed.