PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Air - To Cease Ops.

Boss Raptor
11th Nov 2005, 12:03
Following a few weeks of rumours and a few months of speculation I have today heard from a Director of Fischer Air Prague who confirms that sadly a decision has been taken by the owner that Fischer (Charter Air) will 'cease operations due financial difficulties' - as for any future possibilities/outcome that remains to be seen

From the strength of the source I have to take this info in good faith.

Cyrano
11th Nov 2005, 12:23
True, I think - at least ATI reported on Tuesday that the company was liquidated on Nov 1. They also reported that the aircraft had been impounded.

However the Polish sister company is apparently expanding.

BELHold
11th Nov 2005, 15:04
Just flew out of PRG this morning and was curious as to why the fleet was parked up and the ticket desk closed....guess this answers my question.

IRISHPILOT
16th Nov 2005, 19:01
actually, our operations ceased on the 3rd of November. However almost nobody fired to date, even got the October salary (except for the contractors, they get nothing to date). Not liquidated or bancrupt officially. Lots of other irregularities though.

Maybe Bluebat (Honza) can shed more light on this? You seem to know a great deal more on the Czech bulletin board airways.cz ;)

Are the aircraft impounded? Would be news to all of us, as they are not owned by Fischer Air (Charter Air).

The Fischer ticketing office has nothing to do with Fischer Air, it is a separate company.

cheers, IP