PDA

View Full Version : Info. on Flight Instructing in Malaysia

prairieflyer
10th Nov 2005, 20:05
Hi.

I currently hold a Cdn CPL/Instructor Rating from Canada. I was wondering if anyone has any info. on MFA and Elite Flying Club. Also, what it is like to teach in Malaysia, the flight school conditions, number of hours/day, living conditions (cost of living, food etc.). Another question would be what the procedure is for converting licences over there in Malaysia.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated and PM is also fine.
:O

Thanks a bunch...

:D

babyboeing400
11th Nov 2005, 02:26
HMA,langkawi is currently in need of flight instructors desperately.the pay is good too..u can consider it..www.langkawiaerospace.com for more info...

Send Clowns
11th Nov 2005, 11:10
Knowing someone who has worked for MFA and someone who now works for Langkawi I would say go for Langkawi. MFA are not people my friend would trust again.

astina
21st Nov 2005, 07:08
anyone knows what is the requirment for FI rating course for malaysia PPL holders? what is the min hours?

and also which club offer such course beside MFA and Langkawi?

thanks

DILANO7
15th May 2006, 15:40
ppl and thinking bout instructing in malaysia ey?
where got ma!!!!
dont b so lansi ,loh !
only thing can do lah, is fly kites mah!
only professional flight instructors work in malaysia lah!
ATPL from JAA UKCAA NZCAA or CAAS...! plus a shopping market of hours!
so try doing dat n then see maa!!!!
MFA and HMA(LATC) - only professional outfits there...
even royal selangor flying club require full CPL/MEIR plus FI, mah!
so stop being so lansi, and do it lah!
after all malaysia BOLEH ma!
:E

Left Wing
16th May 2006, 09:40
www.air-titan.com is hiring inst in India

9M-
17th May 2006, 00:59
Hi.

I currently hold a Cdn CPL/Instructor Rating from Canada. I was wondering if anyone has any info. on MFA and Elite Flying Club. Also, what it is like to teach in Malaysia, the flight school conditions, number of hours/day, living conditions (cost of living, food etc.). Another question would be what the procedure is for converting licences over there in Malaysia.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated and PM is also fine.
:O

Thanks a bunch...

:D

Hi, Try applying to MFA or LATC or APFT and they will help you with the license conversion. Living expense in malaysia is low and number of hours you will fly in a flying school is in the range of 4 hours per day. Mfa and APFT operates piper28, LATC operates diamonds. All of the schools have many expats so you will not be too home sick.

9M-
17th May 2006, 01:03
anyone knows what is the requirment for FI rating course for malaysia PPL holders? what is the min hours?

and also which club offer such course beside MFA and Langkawi?

thanks

The minimum requirement is 150hrs PIC time. Pass 6 DCA CPL exams. Go thru an instructor course and do a flight test. Unfortunately recently, DCA changes rules to not allow flying clubs to train instructors anymore. So you will have to be enrolled into the flying schools which contradictory requires you to have a CPL/IR as a basic requirement.:ugh: Sucks right? On paper they do allow PPL holders to be instructors but in the other hand they are putting a stop to it. Anyway i heard from 2007, all Instructors will eventually have to be CPL holders. So tough luck.

9M-
17th May 2006, 01:05
ppl and thinking bout instructing in malaysia ey?
where got ma!!!!
dont b so lansi ,loh !
only thing can do lah, is fly kites mah!
only professional flight instructors work in malaysia lah!
ATPL from JAA UKCAA NZCAA or CAAS...! plus a shopping market of hours!
so try doing dat n then see maa!!!!
MFA and HMA(LATC) - only professional outfits there...
even royal selangor flying club require full CPL/MEIR plus FI, mah!
so stop being so lansi, and do it lah!
after all malaysia BOLEH ma!
:E

Not true lah. Who says flying clubs only take in CPL FI? As long as you have an instructor rating with PPL flying clubs will grab u. Flying school yes they need CPL. And PPL can be instructor in malaysia.

demandpump
30th May 2006, 13:13
The minimum requirement is 150hrs PIC time. Pass 6 DCA CPL exams. Go thru an instructor course and do a flight test. Unfortunately recently, DCA changes rules to not allow flying clubs to train instructors anymore. So you will have to be enrolled into the flying schools which contradictory requires you to have a CPL/IR as a basic requirement.:ugh: Sucks right? On paper they do allow PPL holders to be instructors but in the other hand they are putting a stop to it. Anyway i heard from 2007, all Instructors will eventually have to be CPL holders. So tough luck.

What are the requirements for AFI rating for CPL/fATPL holders? Also 150hrs PIC?

If that's the case, then after spending so much money on the CPL course, we will still need to fly extra hours on our own expense to reach 150 hrs PIC before qualifying for the AFI rating course? Am I correct?

Or can we go straight into the AFI course after the CPL course?

Thanks.