PDA

View Full Version : ILS ST Mawgan

pipertommy
10th Nov 2005, 19:32
Can you use this ILS as a let down on route into Cornwall?If so does it cost money if you do a low approach/go around and continue on route once vmc?And where could i down load the plate can`t see it on the AIP list?:O Cheers

BillieBob
10th Nov 2005, 22:10
Provided that they are not too busy (unlikely) St Mawgan will normally be delighted to provide a Radar to ILS and will usually not impose a charge. Since it is a military procedure, it's not surprising that the charts do not appear in the AIP - they can be downloaded from here. (https://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/terminals/photolist.cfm?versionname=v0511&regionname=EUROPE_NORTH_AFRICA_MIDDLE_EAST&airfieldname=ST_MAWGAN__EGDG)

pipertommy
11th Nov 2005, 05:24
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!thats good news:O

RodgerF
11th Nov 2005, 09:33
What I like about St Mawgan are the SIDs. I think even I could fly them :-)

Pierre Argh
11th Nov 2005, 13:14
Please ignore previous posts... It's amazing how people who know nothing about St Mawgan volunteer an opinion and their services...

Pipertommy see your PMs (the place to ask such questions is by phone to the unit concerned, then you stand a chance of getting answers you can trust?)

Flik Roll
12th Nov 2005, 19:56
I wouldn't call St Mawgan quiet either... Have a look at the Notams for the last few weeks then go figure it out.....:ok:

Lots of Mil traffic on exercise IIRC