PDA

View Full Version : Finally....

Dop
7th Nov 2005, 13:34
Got my skills test booked for the 29th November, and a second booking on the 12th December. Still got to squeeze in the R/T Oral before then.

Any useful advice would be appreciated!

mazzy1026
7th Nov 2005, 14:16
Wont you need your actual RT license in order to complete the skills test? I.e send off all the papers and wait for it to come back (anything up to 5 weeks)?

J.A.F.O.
7th Nov 2005, 14:56
No, you can send off the application for the FRTOL and the PPL at the same time and get both back together.

Only advice is, enjoy it. Neither are as bad as you've built them up to be in your own mind. The RT oral is a make believe little bimble around make believe land with you doing the calls as and when you feel ready (you can even write them down beforehand if you want).

The skills test is just another pleasant bimble next to a guy who could, at any moment, chop the power and see what you do.

You wouldn't have booked them if you weren't ready, would you?

stue
7th Nov 2005, 15:56
The skills test is fun Dop. Dont worry about it at all, its all stuff that you have done already.
it isnt really a test, just a check ride with sum fella/woman. Just do what you have been doing for the past 50hours or whatever and your laughing!

Good luck!!:ok:

hingey
7th Nov 2005, 16:14
Best of luck Dop. As mentioned, the RT can be done after the skills test as I believe it is a seperate lisence. As for the skills test, just do what you're been trained to do. Fly the aeroplane, follow procedures and don't do anything rash. My examiner was fairly pleasant, and when I executed a less than perfect steep turn, he made a comment, did a demo, then let me have another go, and passed me. You'd probably have to screw up pretty badly for him to actually fail you. He wants to know you're safe, not necessarily a brilliant pilot (obviously that helps but hey, I passed :ok: ) Best of luck once again

Happy landings!

h

mazzy1026
7th Nov 2005, 17:03
Best of luck Dop - your at the final stage snow so you won't find the RT test difficult at all (I took mine quite early on so it was somewhat difficult, but passed anyway).

Maz :ok: