PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Evacuation Demonstration

mutt
7th Nov 2005, 03:49
About to take delivery of a medium size 66 seater jet, for the purpose of the cabin evacuation demonstration we are required to open 50% (2) of the doors within 45 seconds.

One suggested scenario is for 1 cabin crew to open both front doors within the allotted time. The demonstration will be done without passengers so it should be possible to achieve the task in the time.

My question is, do you believe that the CC would be able to get from the 1st - 2nd door if there were 66 passengers trying to escape?

Mutt

BOAC
7th Nov 2005, 07:24
45 seconds for 2 doors???? I thought xxx% pax had to be out in 90? Better give the cc a fire axe to chop through the pax.:eek:

alexban
7th Nov 2005, 17:11
mutt ,how many CC you'll have? I guess minimum 2?
Are they positioned near exit doors? If not,maybe you'll do a scenario with one of them acting as a pax opening the overwing door,if any?;)

mutt
7th Nov 2005, 18:58
BOAC,

With our larger aircraft there is 1 FA per door, therefore all doors will open at the same time. In the smaller aircraft, the worst scenario is 1 FA to open forward or aft doors, so they have to open both with the total time of 45 seconds.

Alexban,

AC will operate with 3 FAs, front and aft doors, no overwing exits.

Mutt.

BOAC
7th Nov 2005, 19:40
So the answer to your last question is 'no'. Unless the pax can open the door, the F/A will probably not get near it!

alexban
7th Nov 2005, 20:00
50% of the doors ,means 2 doors -One forward,one aft so no problem here. The only problem you'll have if you decide to use only the exits (aft or fwd) were you place only one FA.In a real situation I guess the FA will have to be helped by one of the pax -briefing to be done,maybe.

mutt
7th Nov 2005, 20:42
50% equals 2 doors, but nothing states if they are 1 fwd 1 aft, or both fwd/aft.

It will be extremely interesting if our authorities decide that they want to block both fwd doors!!!!

Will let you know how it works out next month....

Mutt