PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Thom Books

cadaha
6th Nov 2005, 00:52
I don't know if my previous thread was deleted. If so can the moderator tell me if I've infringed any PPRuNe rules.

I was asking if anyone had any Trevor Thom PPL series books that they could sell me and post to Florida. I am living in the DR and will be starting my PPL when I return to the UK and wish to study before I arrive back. I cannot receive any mail directly here because everything gets nicked so I have to use a Florida mail service.

Anyone who can help please PM me.

Thanks

Carl :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
6th Nov 2005, 08:16
Have you tried Amazon?

G

B Fraser
6th Nov 2005, 08:39
mmmmmmmh

I voiced an opinion that the TT book on Human factors was an easy read and buying an expensive CD on the topic was not needed. I don't think my post lasted 24hrs before being zapped.

I think someone with a commercial interest may be lurking in the shadows.

Whirlybird
6th Nov 2005, 09:50
There are loads of fairly recent Trevor Thom books on Ebay.

cadaha
6th Nov 2005, 10:23
Yeh been on ebay and either won't deliver to USA or won't take paypal. I'll just have to wait until I can find someone there who will do both :sad:

WrongWayCorrigan
6th Nov 2005, 15:34
go to any fbo or flight shop, you'll get them all. tt is the standard everywhere. modified for faa system at every bookstall in the usa.

Keygrip
7th Nov 2005, 02:35
Cadaha - I don't recall seeing the original post, of which you quote, BUT there is a written rule of Pprune that says "You will not advertise for sale, or seek to buy second hand, any product or material which is copyright."

Asking somebody to sell you their used copies of copyright material is in direct contravention of Pprune rules and is likely the cause for the removal of the thread.

cadaha
7th Nov 2005, 02:51
Ok Thanks.

Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't infringing any PPRuNe rules as I am a newbie and am sure I will be wanting to use this forum to ask questions etc as I go through my flying training.

You can delete the thread if you want and I'll look on ebay etc.

As you are in Florida do you know of any Pilot supply stores there that will stock JAR PPL manuals etc and possibly accept Paypal.

Thanks

Carl

Happy Wanderer
7th Nov 2005, 23:07
Hi chaps,

Do hope I'm not contravening any PPRuNe rules here. . .

I'm about to start my PPL at Coventry. Had a trial flight today, and will hopefully get things underway proper this Saturday - weather permitting, that is.

I need to splash out on the course theory books to support the practical stuff, but could do with knowing what people out there are using. I've had a brief look through the Jeremy Pratt books AND the Trevor Thom series at my local club, and both look good.

What is THE standard?

Many thanks.

cadaha
7th Nov 2005, 23:36
I've been searching for the same answer on PPRuNe and the answer is realy '6 of one half a dozen the other'.

It is really personal preference at the end of the day. I've been told that TT is more concise and AFE is more readable.

"The best way is probably to talk to the each of the schools that you are interested in and whichever school you decide on, use the one that they recommend."

I missed the part about Coventry, sorry. Ask the instructor who is teaching you :ok:

IO540
8th Nov 2005, 10:18
Asking somebody to sell you their used copies of copyright material is in direct contravention of Pprune rules and is likely the cause for the removal of the thread.

Why is this? One can sell on books perfectly legally.

Selling copies of M$ Word for 5 quid is something different :O

cadaha
8th Nov 2005, 16:17
Why is this? One can sell on books perfectly legally.

It must be legal otherwise there would be no second hand book shops or you wouldn't be able to buy on ebay ------ Would you ??? :confused:

Heliport
8th Nov 2005, 17:30
Copyright isn't the issue.

PPRuNe doesn't permit advertising in posts - whether offers to sell or buy.

Heliport

cadaha
9th Nov 2005, 14:10
Thanks for your help. I have had a few suggestions and have found an online flight store where I can get the books I need at a reasonable price with reasonable shipping costs.

Now the other problem - deciding between Trevor Thom series or AFE series (Jeremy Pratt) .

I know this has been done to death in various places on the forum but it would be nice to have a list of pros and cons for each series to help us PPLers decide which is the more suiktable for our studying style.

i.e.

TT more in depth information 'V' AFE easier to read but not as much info etc

What do the PPLers out there think???

:ok: