PDA

View Full Version : Storage of survival equipment in France

Romeo Romeo
3rd Nov 2005, 09:51
I'm thinking about a little trip to France next summer. I've been there a few times before, but one of the things I find a real pain is having to cart my lifejackets and liferaft all around France when I only really need to carry them for that bit of the flight across the Channel.

Does anyone know of a secure place to leave them? Are there any 'left-luggage' facilities at Cherbourg, for example?

skydriller
3rd Nov 2005, 10:35
RR,
¨
Proper left luggage facilities and the like? Try phoning the airport and asking, the number is usually on the VAC plate.

BUT...

If someone asked us at my Aeroclub if we would mind storing some stuff like that for them while they went on a tour. I guess we would more than likely say "No Probs, How long?"....Especially if you were to say, buy a few drinks in the Bar, offer to purchase a Club T-shirt etc.. It would be locked away in a cupboard until your return on totally informal basis...

....But we are not at Cherbourg, and it would definitely not be a formal arrangement if anything were damaged while we had it.

I guess the same would be true at other clubs in France too, most are very friendly.

Regards, SD..

A and C
3rd Nov 2005, 16:01
I tend to keep some of my emegency eqipment in the aircraft at all times , the ELT's are in the jackets so would be of use if help was needed after a forced landing , The liferaft I keep in the aircraft if I do any long flights in the UK during the winter as it would make a good tent if forced down in some of the more remote areas and the rescue services are a little slow to turn up.