PDA

View Full Version : another Lagos rwy excursion

readywhenreaching
1st Nov 2005, 17:13
Never heard of an airline called "Associated Airlines"...?

<<Plane skids off flooded runway

November 01 2005 at 10:52AM

Lagos - A Nigerian passenger plane was damaged as it skidded off a waterlogged runway on landing at Lagos airport Tuesday, an aviation offical said, reviving safety fears about 10 days after a deadly crash.

"At about 11am (10h00 GMT) today, an Associated Airlines plane coming from Benin City ran into bad weather on arriving in Lagos. It landed on the flooded tarmac and skidded, damaging its front nose tyre," said Sam Adurogboye, a spokesperson of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

"All the 17 people on board the plane are safe," he told AFP, adding that after "the collapse of the wheel, it got stuck on the tarmac and blocked it. The tarmac was blocked for about an hour and 25 minutes before it was cleared to allow for the free flow of traffic.">>

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=68&art_id=qw1130862960241B252

G-CPTN
1st Nov 2005, 17:41
"Adurogboye said an investigation had been launched into the cause of the crash, but he could not confirm a television news report that the pilot had ignored an order from air traffic control not to land because of the water on the runway.

The Shorts SD-3-60 passenger turboprop which was damaged can carry 19 passengers and is 18 years old, Adurogboye said."

neil armstrong
1st Nov 2005, 20:38
Associated Aviation ,i did ferry there first SD360 over for them!(5N-BBL)
They did later fly one more over themself!
They ran the second one off the runway less then a year later somewhere in Nigeria!
Does anybody know or they have more shorts?

Neil

Qbkair
1st Nov 2005, 22:16
hey neil... did the ferry with u.. how has it been..still on the dc10.. left associated sometime..4yrs ago.. i think this was their last sd-360. dont know how bad the damage is yet. pm me:ok:

Konkordski
2nd Nov 2005, 10:18
"Reviving" safety fears?

Do they ever really dissipate at LOS?