PDA

View Full Version : More money for Jhb Patc

rejects
30th Oct 2005, 14:34
We work our asses off every day...Now that summer is here, even more so...Is the company going to do something to stem the tide of controllers leaving?Are they going to give us something that is compareable with the international market?

30th Oct 2005, 14:47
Is that a rethorical question?

ASD
30th Oct 2005, 16:05
Interesting question although one we all know the answer too...

However, its not just JHB PATC that needs an increase, its the entire staff compliment!!! We all work hard and deserve the correct pay equivalent to our international counterparts.

Nookie2nite
31st Oct 2005, 05:26
Thank you ASD, well said. Jhb are a selfish bunch that think they are the only ones who work. Why is that they always cry for more money, and with the majority GATCSA board members is Jhb, thats who they look after...JHB and only JNB.

Other centres may not be as busy, but then there aren't that many sectors as in Jhb (ie a/c per controller).

Jhb central and east are NOT busy but get nearly double station allowance of Ct controller....thanks GATCSA.

:ok:

makeapullup
31st Oct 2005, 18:06
how many more times do i have to say this. apply the matrix. then you will earn the right amount for the work that you do. i'm all for central/east to earn more money. that's excatly what we want. but fair is fair. use there station allowance as the answer for the matrix. work backwards and get new cash values. apply this countrywide. i guess though i'm talking to myself. i've longtime learnt this question - will this cost ATNS more money? answer - yes, then the the answer for us all is NO!

PS stop saying FAJS looks after themselves. aren't you doing the same thing by arguing the point!!!!!

gofor
1st Nov 2005, 04:23
If you are in it for the money - you are missing the point!

Nookie2nite
1st Nov 2005, 13:03
makeapullup.....firstly, the matrix is bent as bad as some of the controllers, to suit Jhb and Jhb only. How can you validate R7000 plus for Jhb central / east. What a joke! Funny how when they were Dn ACC and Bl it wasn't that much, in fact if you had to add BL and Dn FULL station allowances before FAME, it wouldn't come near what they get for working 2 average sectors.
In any other company that have country wide branches, cost of living is also equated into the calculation (what about Cape Town??)

Secondly, if I were in SA I would only want a fair station allowance, what is good 4 jhb is good for the rest of the counrty.....

Gofor....if u don't want your money I will give you a bank account to deposit it into :D

N2n

makeapullup
1st Nov 2005, 14:55
Hey there n2n.
Read my post again... i'm not saying cen/east allowance is worked out correctly. right or wrong it is there. What i'm saying is work the matrix backwards, (i'll right this slowly for you) get new cash values (ie the amounts that are multiplied in the matrix with the traffic,complexity etc) and correct all other stations nationwide (yes FACT as well). As you explained the Cen/East allowance is too high compared to others (relative to work) so I would estimate most allowances would go up.( Again the idea is not to take money away from Central, rather ,as said by the union at the time of this development, to use this as a springboard for the rest of the country - still waiting for that to happen) This brings me back to that question about will it cost the company more money etc.
You are 100% correct cost of living should definitely be calculated.
:confused:

Nookie2nite
1st Nov 2005, 16:06
mapu....schweet....we're starting to understand each other (perhaps your slow typing). The problem is , be it a fair allowance or not that cen/east earn, it makes the rest of the country grossly underpaid allowance speaking.....and as long as Jhb is happy, the union is happy....Problem no2 (and more important) your 'people' company......that needs managerial changes before most issues can be resolved (make no mistake most ATC's employers' are similar)...my 2c worth.
All I am asking at the end of the day...think about (and include your union) the other atc's around SA when you work out new proposals (whenever) for station allowances, let the others catch up.

N2n

makeapullup
1st Nov 2005, 17:21
n2n
you are mistaken about the js happy part. some people are happy others furious. this was taken up with management and we were told it was an agreement made between union and company so the union must approach them to reopen the issue. also told that it could lead to some allowances going down. hands tied, and look at that, thinking about others as well.
a vote was also taken by union members on whether we should all be on same allowance. majority voted yes. nothing came of it as far as i know. maybe if ct too expensive move to pe. enjoy the winter!!

2nd Nov 2005, 07:27
CPT could / should really not ask for more money. JNB central and east neither. I reckon they should be on even par with each other, as all three of them do equally little. JNB itself though is a different kettle of fish.
Maybe Central and East's allowance is justified by them living, commuting, working, ducking for cover etc etc in Gangsta's Paradise.

PS. For those interested, European ATCs earn around R10'000 (subject to currency fluctuation) per month in station allowance, working close to 2000 flights a day in a piece of airspace the size of the Lowveld!

Nookie2nite
2nd Nov 2005, 11:37
126,7...yeah yeah....strippers in the Far East earn R12000 depending on the Rand/dollar. Certain European controllers have taken a pay cut in the region of 24% over the last few years, has :mad: to do with Js/ct/pe/dn.....

all i was trying to say.....standardise the increases/decreases and make it fair all the way around in SA .

I also think there should be union board members from JS/CT/PE/DN instead of the whole lot (with all the influence on the largerst station) in Jhb.

btw how many controllers/sectors in that EU airspace ??

:ok:

N2n

2nd Nov 2005, 12:20
Lots of sectors, lots of atcos and lots of traffic!!

Which atcos have taken such a huge pay cut? Just so that I know, in case I send my CV to the wrong people....

Maybe you could convince some of the less apathetic chaps from the outstations to make themselves available for election to the gatcsa board. Just an idea.

Nookie2nite
2nd Nov 2005, 13:02
126.7 ....I have to agree....at least the money0hungry Jhburgains stsnd up and shout for money while others sit and gripe amoungst each other...anyway...it ain't gonna happen in that company....

Maastricht chaps have been slowly but surely pieces chopped outa their salaries....as I have been informed by one of them.....

Cvs again are flying around, as usual I should say....good luck ol' chap.... :ok: