PDA

View Full Version : Getting a JAA PPL License in the U.S.A.

aughuet
30th Oct 2005, 13:49
Hi there!

I wondered if there is a certain webpage with lists of certified flight schools in America that are allowed to train for a European (JAA) PPL License.

If there isn't (google didn't find much), does anyone have an idea if there is a flight school in Colorado that is allowed to train according to the JAA rules?

Thanks a lot!

Luc

porridge
30th Oct 2005, 15:55
Go to this link: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF
Doesn't look like it.

Hour Builder
30th Oct 2005, 18:13
porridge what you on about?

on page 5 of 34 of that very document you supplied the link to, names 7 schools in America approved to do JAR PPL (A) training.

doh :-)

Whopity
30th Oct 2005, 20:06
2 questions; 2 answers both look correct to me RTFQ!

BillieBob
31st Oct 2005, 01:09
aughuet asks:I wondered if there is a certain webpage with lists of certified flight schools in America that are allowed to train for a European (JAA) PPL License. Porridge answers:Go to this link: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF aughuet asks:does anyone have an idea if there is a flight school in Colorado that is allowed to train according to the JAA rules? Porridge answers:Doesn't look like it. So just which part of this do you not understand, Hour Builder?

Hour Builder
31st Oct 2005, 06:46
the part i dont understand is where aughuet said,

"I wondered if there is a certain webpage with lists of certified flight schools in America that are allowed to train for a European (JAA) PPL License."

BillieBob actually answered the original question correctly, however if you read porridge's answer, aughuet may think there are no schools in USA approved.

aughuet is obviously going to be new to flying and maybe even pprune, and it would be nice if rather then saying "doesnt look like" to actually spell out that there are schools in USA approved to do JAR PPL training, just not in Colarado.

Sans Anoraque
31st Oct 2005, 08:37
Dear aughuet,

There are schools in the USA approved to do JAR PPL training, just not in Colarado.

Hour Builder
31st Oct 2005, 13:47
very well said Sans Anoraque

porridge
31st Oct 2005, 20:09
Sorry my laconic brevity caused so much concern - looks like several of you out ofthere were able to help ‘hours builder’ out the confusion. Aughuet seems to have got the message loud and clear even if he hasn’t responded.
Whopity & Billie Bob - thank you for your precise & succinct analysis of my post – I am sure that Aughuet is now left in no doubt about the lack of JAA training in Colorado. Now if he was to head a little south to Arizona, then he/she may be in a little better choice situation!

aughuet
31st Oct 2005, 23:38
Thanks for the answers porridge!

Let me end your discussion (i'm enjoying it ;)) by saying I DID understand porridge when he gave the 2 answers.
In my point of few it's obvious to see that, also because I can clearly see in the linked pdf file that there ARE flight schools in the US, but not in Colorado.

Thanks for y'alls help! :ok:

The Ferret
2nd Nov 2005, 01:46
What is not clear here is whether any of you are talking about an American PPL(A) or PPL(H) course?

The Ferret:cool: