PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff ATC Question

No_Speed_Restriction
29th Oct 2005, 08:57
Just a quick question:

Are you in favour of CDA's or would you prefer step down/level off's. Reason being is that on a few occasions I have been asked if I was "ok for the height" as my approach was based on a Continuous Descent Approach using standard vertical speeds. It makes me think that you would all prefer if we levelled off then continued the descent after cleared further; something i would prefer not to do.

flower
29th Oct 2005, 11:38
I can't speak for anyone else but provided nothing is in the way i am quite happy for you to descend to your own preferred profile hence my use of "descend when ready".
Big problem we have of course is with the MSA and that is why you may have to level off.
CDA's should be the order of the game when the new airspace comes in next year, it may take time though to get used to them especially as we will not be descending you outside CAS unlike now.

No_Speed_Restriction
29th Oct 2005, 12:01
"descend when ready" works a treat. typical example is 15 track miles, i try and be 4800qnh and keep the descent matched to the track miles remaining yet still i am asked if i am ok for the height. no complaints whatsoever, its just something that I have noticed several times.