PDA

View Full Version : So where are all the jobs?

sps1013
28th Oct 2005, 21:19
I know this may be a duplication of other posts so forgive me if I am covering old and very well trodden ground but...

Everybody says there is a shortage of instructors and that an instructor is a rare commodity nowadays but just where exactly are all the jobs?

I know people who have been looking for ages and am sort of in the same situation myself.

Any light would be welcome!

Whirlybird
29th Oct 2005, 09:33
The South, where none of us based up here can afford to live. :{

papazulu
29th Oct 2005, 13:06
The South, where none of us based up here can afford to live

South of where? London, maybe? I understand that weather could be a privilege of those FTO but my past experiences in London (not as FI or pilot...) taught me to survive on waiter (sometimes casual) basis and I thought that the countryside could be cheaper....! OK, we all know that FI job is (sadly) considered the lowest level in this environment but...less than catering staff? What do you do we you are not living with relatives who can provide at least a free roof on your head and two meals a day?

Planning to go back to UK for spring, starting to get worried...

Take care!

PZ:ok:

GusHoneybun
29th Oct 2005, 13:44
Not really the right time to be looking for FI work. Most airlines have done their recruitment so there is not much movement of instructors to free up work.
Added to the fact that winter is drawing in any people are saving for christmas rather than gading about in a putt putt.
Put it all together and it paints a grim picture.

Right, where did i leave my half empty glass :(

RVR800
31st Oct 2005, 14:27
Not that old shortage thing again .. tut tut...

Audio
9th Nov 2005, 23:01
come down to Guernsey, we need some down here and get a lot of people in from england and eroupe

papazulu
10th Nov 2005, 18:47
Audio:

Are you all right with minted FI(R) from continental EU? What are your minimum requirements? PMs are welcome together with and address to mail my CV...

Take care

PZ:ok:

Jaydee27
11th Nov 2005, 15:32
Try Cambridge...

Cambridge Aero Club
18th Nov 2005, 00:23
Yes Jaydee27,

We at Cambridge are nearly always looking for FIs and during the past couple of years it has been a pretty difficult task.

We run a pretty 'tight ship' which may not be everybody's cup of tea, but if you're looking for a good place to 'cut your teeth' and earn a fair wage doing it... a new or experienced FI could do a lot worse :)

Best wishes,

Luke

Seaton Approach
18th Nov 2005, 11:32
Hey Cambridge Aero Club,

Great club, and a great location too! Did my RAF Scholarship there back in 19~* (hmmm, seems to be a problem with the numeric keys there...).

Rock on guys at CAC! :ok:

hugh flung_dung
21st Nov 2005, 16:09
I believe Old Sarum (near Salisbury) are looking for full time mid-week instructors.
We have a good mix of aircraft (3xC152s, 4xPA28s, 2xArrows, 2xBulldogs, Cub, Tailwheel C152, Sky Arrow, C42, Seneca), picturesque airfield outside controlled airspace, a very friendly club.
Ring 01722-322525, ask for David Scouller or Lesley Maynard.
I'm happy to answer PMs if you want any unofficial info.

HFD