PDA

View Full Version : The G spot

Hireandhire
28th Oct 2005, 19:09
Wish list from Mike Godsell elsewhere on this forum:

"All older non EASA aircraft ( Austers, Chipmunks, etc) administered by PFA or equivalent, retaining national registrations. G-C... F-G...

EASA aircraft (Robin, New Piper/Cessna, etc) would have an ARC renewed annually at any JAR 145 organisation in any EU country. These aircraft would have European registration. Eg: E-1234
EU-ABC "

Ye Gods! have they nothing more important to worry about?

Whether we eventually win or lose the battle to retain the G-reg can I suggest we universally adopt the biggest possible 1930s "G" on our rudders to stick two fingers up to EASA?

regards
Depressed of Shropshire

Rod1
28th Oct 2005, 20:28
Just fly the British Civil Air Ensign. In some country’s it is compulsory to fly the local flag. I will have one on my aircraft when it fly’s for the first time early next year.

Rod1

Hireandhire
28th Oct 2005, 21:36
Took me a while to find a civil air flag on the web;
No offence etc but I'm not sure it's what you could call a "simple, understated and classy"design is it?

Would you paint it or fly it?

regards
HnH

eharding
28th Oct 2005, 22:15
Can you post a link please?

rotorcraig
28th Oct 2005, 22:27
Is this it (http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-ciair.html)?

RC

Rod1
29th Oct 2005, 14:00
I am having it made up at the same time as the Reg. letters in vinyl. It will be A4 size and fit on the tail.

Rod1

WorkingHard
29th Oct 2005, 14:34
Can anyone enlighten us with the legalities (CAA that is) of attaching and displaying such an ensign? Proper vinyl stick on would be perfect and probably if some enterprising person did some for sale then quantity discounts could apply!
WH

Rod1
29th Oct 2005, 15:22
Very legal

Insert after Article 21 of Principal Order :
21 A
(1) Subject as hereinafter provided, the Civil Aviation Ensign, established by Civil Aviation Ensign Order 1937, shall not be flown on any aircraft or on any ship or boat or on any building or elsewhere in the UK.
(2) Civil Aviation Ensign may be flown :
(a) by any aircraft registered in the United Kingdom.
(b) at any aerodrome in the United Kingdom licenced under Air Navigation Acts 1920 and 1936.
(c) by a person operating an Air Transport operation owning aircraft registered in the United Kingdom upon or in proximity to any building occupied by him as his principal office or place of business.
(d) by any person to whom permission is granted by the Secretary of State at such places and subject to such conditions as may be specified in such permission, provided that it shall not be hoisted on any ship or boat belonging to a British subject without warrant from His Majesty or Admiralty.

I hope we can resurrect its use in GA, but I was not going to start shouting about it until my MCR is finished early next year.

Rod1

Hireandhire
30th Oct 2005, 09:56
Rod1 hi

Good idea but as an A4 sticker? I was hoping to annoy petty bureaucrats from much further away.

Question: what does it mean to "fly a flag" ?

Do you read Article 21 to mean only rags on sticks or does the legal interpretation include fixed representations?

regards
HnH

Rod1
30th Oct 2005, 12:16
A sticker or painted flag is ok, provided it is on a UK registered aircraft. The interesting legal question is EASA. The rules I quoted are UK parliament/CAA, so it is possible EASA could ban it in the future, as being anti European, but mine will be on by then!

Rod1