PDA

View Full Version : NATS Personnel Interview

BigBoeing
28th Oct 2005, 18:44
Got mine soon and not looking forward to it. Just wondered if anyone could post some good examples of any tricky or unexpected questions they ask you from the personnel interview. Am I right in thinking its a 60 set questions with no feedback etc? Any help appreciated, thanks.

BB

phil-99
29th Oct 2005, 17:06
Have some examples of things you've done recently that they might be interested in - "When did you last use your initiative to resolve a problem", "What is your greatest achievment" and "What does your current position involve?" were questions I got asked in mine.

NeoDude
29th Oct 2005, 17:27
Sorry for the thread hijack :rolleyes:

I am awaiting the results from my tests and so hopefully will also be soon attending the interview stage. Like the original poster I am cacking myself over the personnel interview.

I think it would be helpful to all if all you fantastic, knowledgeable & helpful (end of ego-stroking) ATCOs would post examples of any questions you can remember being asked in the interview. I'm sure this would serve as a fantastic resource for all us wannabees.

Ta

Chris

Gonzo
29th Oct 2005, 17:39
Give me a recent example where you multi-tasked effectively.

I said that I could do a perfect Christmas dinner for 10.

She seemed happy with that. :ok:

JustaFew
29th Oct 2005, 20:40
Although a few years ago now, I experienced an unusual reply from one of the interviewers. He replied to my answer with a deliberate contradiction to see how I'd react. Didn't check with other candidates afterwards once we were on the course to see if they had experienced similar.
If this happens to you, stick to your guns but not in a forceful way (save that for later in your ATC career:p ).