PDA

View Full Version : Crash on the South Downs

Papa Charlie
27th Oct 2005, 17:30
A lucky escape...
http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news/NEWS7.html

High Wing Drifter
27th Oct 2005, 18:03
Lucky is a gross understatement! There is no point in him bothering with lottery tickets, serendipity account in the red.

AerBabe
27th Oct 2005, 18:58
In case anyone is concerned, the aircraft wasn't being flown at the time by Kolibear. From what I heard at the Weald last night, the pilot has a broken arm & possibly a broken shoulder.

Kolibear
28th Oct 2005, 06:44
One is not a happy bunny :( :( :{ :{ :{ :ugh: :ugh: :sad: :sad:

flower
28th Oct 2005, 06:53
Aircraft can be replaced though Kolibear, you and your flying group are irreplaceable.

The Nr Fairy
28th Oct 2005, 07:10
Updated link (http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/archive/2005/10/27/NEWS70ZM.html) (it's now in the archives).

morismarina
28th Oct 2005, 08:53
no photo though

robin
28th Oct 2005, 08:58
http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17573&start=0&sid=34ffb6c5b1f346ddfd4ea7357e45d783

cagivawally
28th Oct 2005, 14:44
So the cops cant find a crashed plane because of the fog!!!
It surely begs the question why was the pilot there in the first place.
I cant beleive the PPRuNe hawks havent got their teeth into this one yet.

Still it beats landing on a couple of pensioners in their golf cart.
(See the Sun 28/10/05 and the smoking Yak)

As its now a good 10 hours since those pictures hit the press with no reference on here it must prove that PPRuNe users dont read the sun.

AerBabe
28th Oct 2005, 14:51
Several of us work at, are based at, or visit North Weald often, and so knew about this within hours of it happening. I suppose we just didn't want to create a fuss. The pilot is very lucky to be alive and we'll have to wait for him and the AAIB report to find out what actually happened.

CPilotUK
28th Oct 2005, 15:12
It surely begs the question why was the pilot there in the first place.

I cant beleive the PPRuNe hawks havent got their teeth into this one yet.

Well, you got your teeth in first. :rolleyes:

cagivawally
28th Oct 2005, 15:57
Good point Cpilot but not quite the point.
There is no way being a tyro I would ever make a worthwhile comment but there are so many bar stool or even 20000 hour plonkers on here i thought I would act as live bait.

Still no Sun readers though and it is a good pic.
(And no one hurt which is the main point)

Mariner9
28th Oct 2005, 16:11
Might not have been the fog, the police would probably have been looking near schools and old peoples homes. A light aircraft couldn't possibly plummet into an empty field could it?

Glad the pilot survived, very sorry to see your poor Koli, Koli :(

pilotwolf
29th Oct 2005, 14:09
As Sussex Police have a rather sophisticated helicopter at their disposal only about 5 mins flying distance away one would assume that the conditions were IFR if they didn't get tasked? Or maybe they were tech or busy with breakfast? ;)

Was at Shoreham that morning so won't make any comments regarding the weather as aftercasts are eay obtainable but the first line of the Argus sums things up....

Still no reason why IFR isn't safe with good planning is there?

:cool:

PW