PDA

View Full Version : You've been Tango'd

mach78
19th Sep 2001, 22:23
Did you see Helio-Stelio on the news gassing about how important it was that the likes of BA didn't get state help?
(not an exact quote, but that was the gist of it)

A such a critical time, and considering his company doesn't operate to the USA, fine words- I don't think!

nice_beaver
19th Sep 2001, 22:37
Before jumping out of the blocks how about quoting his exact words, so we can all decide what he's got to say, rather than giving us your spin and interpretation.

I certainly hope he didn't mean it as your saying it!!!

hometown
19th Sep 2001, 23:05
Yes i saw it .
Can't say i am surprised really. Michael O'Leary has also been saying much the same thing.
I don't suppose you are too bothered about thousands of people being thrown out of work when you have a couple of million quid in the bank !

mach78
19th Sep 2001, 23:36
Beaver-sorry I didn't have my notebook and pencil out at the right moment.
Why don't you watch a bit of TV yourself?-or maybe you don't have the time?

Justin A Beaver
20th Sep 2001, 01:29
So why is Stelios illegible for state aid?

If he says he needs it too, then by crickey all airlines need it.

Funny how the NY WTC/Pentagon attacks are being used to bolster shareholder value by companies that lost the plot months ago!

So why is BA, (Also a publicly listed company) together with Virgin and BMI asking for help from HM Govt?

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander!

Give to one, shall give to all.

When the sky around West London is full of orange................................Now would that not be a slap in the face, easyJet operating from Heathrow directly in competition!

Remember the new operators of BA made a decision to 'outlaw' the tourist and fleece the fat cats, especiaaly on the trans-atlantic routes.

Their decision on behalf of thier shareholders, and not the 'Bermuda's' for not allowing REAL competition over the 'pond'!

[ 19 September 2001: Message edited by: Justin A Beaver ]

chipstick
20th Sep 2001, 16:52
Do BA,VS & BD own bits of the National Air Traffic service?