PDA

View Full Version : LVP Theorie

Akro
26th Oct 2005, 14:30
Could someone post some links or training material to General Low Visibility Procedures?

(Aerodrome, Flight Operational.... not aircraft specific, stuff that you would learn during an ATPL theorie course)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Akro
30th Oct 2005, 11:45
Does anyone have some information on that topic. I tried to search the CAA and JAA website for some information, but no luck so far.

I would really appreciate, if someone could help me out with some training material to review.

Thanks,
Akro

Spitoon
30th Oct 2005, 16:46
A good starting point would be ICAO Doc 9365 Manual of All Weather Operations but I don't think it's readily available on-line unless you pay for it.

Akro
31st Oct 2005, 07:49
Thanks for your reply Spitoon.

I am more interested in something one would use in the classroom to teach new pilots. I think this document is more intended for Airports and Authorities.

Anybody else with an idea?

GK430
31st Oct 2005, 13:04
I used to work in airfield ops on a field with CAT III ops. We had an indepth Airfield Op Instruction on Low Vis Procs. Perhaps you can get a copy from an airfield ops unit if large int'l airport nearby, or you op from one.

Alex Whittingham
31st Oct 2005, 16:05
We have commercially available CBT. IDC Ltd (http://www.topclasstraining.com/lowvis.asp). Is that what you want?

Spitoon
31st Oct 2005, 16:15
Akro, if I recall correctly the ICAO doc does cover the LVOs from the pilot's perspective also and shows how the the bits done by airports and ATC fit into the flight deck procedures. If you can lay your hands on one it might be useful - I never really properly understood how LVOs work until I looked at how the bits all fit together.

Akro
1st Nov 2005, 08:37
Thanks for your all your replies!

(b.t.w. very nice CBT Alex)

I was more looking for something for my own study/review. I just thought maybe someone has some handouts or documents that he could share or stuff thats available for free on the internet.

I have a look at that ICAO doc again.

balaco
1st Nov 2005, 09:00
Hi Akro

Try the Getting to Grips CatII and CatIII Operations.
Although this is more specific for the Airbus aircraft family it has a very thourough information about Low Visibility Operations in general.

You can try downloading it from:

http://www.wingfiles.com/files/gettingtogripswith%20cat2%20cat3.pdf

Hope this helps,

Balaco

forget
1st Nov 2005, 09:29
I’ve got a very informative 63 page pdf here on ICELANDAIR B757, Low Visibility Operations. I found it some time ago on the Icelandair Web - but it seems to have gone. Send me a PM with e-mail address and I’ll get a pdf copy to you.

On the other hand, if Icelandair didn’t mean this to be on the public web (possible) then no doubt they’ll let me know and we’ll have to pretend it wasn’t.

--------------------------

ICELANDAIR B757, Low Visibility Operations.

This document is issued to each Icelandair Crew Member and covers the Low Visibility Procedures used by Icelandair. It is to be used in conjunction with the Icelandair Flight Operations Manual. 757 AOM. Jeppesen Pilots Route Manual, the 757 MEL and the Flight Crew Training Manual and is not intended to replace these manuals. A thorough knowledge of these documents is a prerequisite to training in Low Visibility Operations.

The document has the following objectives:

To train and qualify B757 Crew Members in all aspects of Category II and Category III operations and to maintain this standard of proficiency.

To emphasize the importance of the visual cues provided by the approach and runway lighting systems during Category II and III operations.

To illustrate the runway and taxiway markings associated with Low Visibility
Operations

To list the requirements for Ground Equipment and Aircraft Equipment together with the allowable deficiencies in such equipment. Etc etc.

Sir George Cayley
3rd Nov 2005, 12:53
CAA Publication CAP168 Licensing of Aerodromes Chapter 2 Annex 2B Low Visibility Ops

Free on the CAA web site. Go to SRG - Publications - Aerodromes
and the CAP number.

Sir George Cayley