PDA

View Full Version : New PPL Exams Out Yet?

FingersR
25th Oct 2005, 12:23
Hi All,

I am soon to take my Nav exam and have been studying using the Pratt book and the Oxford Aviation Nav Computer CBT. I find using the "Confuser" a good way of testing my understanding and exam technique in answering questions quickly and accurately. I remember a post from a month or so ago talking about the CAA issuing new PPL exams sometime before the end of 2005. Has that happened yet?

Thanks for any information,

Fingers

Say again s l o w l y
25th Oct 2005, 12:30
Yes, got mine a few weeks ago.

Hour Builder
27th Oct 2005, 15:12
Just to let you know, that there is only 1 additional PPL exam for each subject.

FingersR
27th Oct 2005, 15:29
Hi- thanks for that Hour builder!
Just to ensure I understand that - does that mean for example, that say there were 4 different papers for NAV that I could of been given to take, there is now 5 papers that I could potentially get? Rather than a replacement of all of the original 4 with 4 new ones?

Thanks!

Fingers

Another_CFI
27th Oct 2005, 15:46
FingersR, There were three papers for each subject. The oldest paper for each subject has been replaced by a new paper, therefore still leaving three papers per subject.

Captain Jock
27th Oct 2005, 15:53
A word of warning or perhaps advice. I gather from a recent candidate that if you do not work out your times to the first decimal place of a minute you will end up with wrong answers.
If this is true, and maybe somebody out there can confirm this, perhaps it is time the CAA got real.

vincent_watts
27th Oct 2005, 16:26
where to start.

FingersR you dont by any chance have the answers to this exam, and are worried you may have to learn the material before sitting the new tests do you?? haha just messin'!

Another_CFI is correct, there should always only be 3 different exam papers at each registered facility. when the new paper was supplied, the facility had to return the old one to the CAA.

As for Captain Jock, you heard that statement from someone who failed the paper i guess. there isnt a possibility they just got the wrong answer?

I sat the nav paper no longer then 6 weeks ago. If you read the book, know how to navigate, and do the confuser, and you cant fail. I cocked up my nav exam, and only realised after an hour. I still got 95% with only 30 minutes to do the whole test again.

Its got nothing to do with the CAA, the papers are fine. the only way i saw that they tried to trick me was that they knew the common mistakes on the nav especially, and they put a common mistake as a possible answer to some questions. as far as descimal places of minutes etc, i don't know anything about that.

FingersR
27th Oct 2005, 19:00
Hi ! All thanks for the info.

Vincent - if only I knew all the the answers already! If I was that smart to learn them all Id be a genius and having to worry about another paper wouldnt be a problem! ! :D

Back to the books and my trusty CRP1 now!

Cheers

Fingers