PDA

View Full Version : Kuala Lumpar Living Conditions

Taggert
24th Oct 2005, 03:48
Hi Y'all,

Just wondering if anyone has any usefull and insitefull information into the living conditions in KL, wrt cost of living, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Tag:)

soldier of fortune
24th Oct 2005, 10:29
i was there very recently- ITS A STINKING ASIAN ****HOLE
pm me if you want info on where to rent /stay etc etc

crocodile redundee
24th Oct 2005, 11:06
:O I just returned from a 10 day vacation in K.L. & found the joint very liveable!!! Prices for food were about half aust price , grog & wine very dear though. Computers & electronics about half aust prices but cars & Car parts about double the price . Medical costs about half aust prices. There is plenty of expat accommodation in upmarket condo appts, lots of empty ones so leases can be negotiated. If you get the opportunity go for it!!!!!!

Taggert
25th Oct 2005, 07:18
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tag:D

18-Wheeler
25th Oct 2005, 12:46
Computers & electronics about half aust prices but cars & Car parts about double the price .

Eh?
Not sure where you're shopping but the rpices I find are about the same in both countries if you shop around. I suspect you are paying way too much for computers in Aus, and way too much for cars in KL.

Both these areas are my specialty.

rearwhelsteer888
26th Oct 2005, 09:51
taggert,
I lived in KL for four years leaving there in 1999 and it was the best time of my life,don't tell my wife that. PM me and I can very easily give you all the good oil on what's hot and whats not,still have tons of mates there and not to much has changed.

hghazoly
26th Oct 2005, 11:22
go for it man
KL is one of the greatest cities in the far east
u will enjoy it so much
i would love to go and live there