PDA

View Full Version : Responses to CAA Consultation on Charges (JRT)

David Roberts
23rd Oct 2005, 11:10
For some bedtime reading go to:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=850&pagetype=90&pageid=4950

This should provide an active thread on PPUNE !

skydriller
23rd Oct 2005, 16:53
I liked the response to the FCL charges issue -NOT!

"You can't compare us to the FAA - Oh, and they are 2 months behind on licencing issue" ..Well are you comparing , or not then? and what does that have to do with anything?

"The review confirmed that the costs and charges are not being fully recouped from the charge payer....blah... blah.."

Oh, yeah? What exactly do the CAA do for the sixty odd quid I just had to pay up for a piece of paper that I already had....which expired after 5 years...... and if the thing was valid for life like it was before, its money I wouldnt have to pay, and a job someone wouldnt have to do either , and so another charge could be lowered too!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

SD..

OVC002
23rd Oct 2005, 17:36
Just read it:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Renewal licences? Shurely shome mishtake.

robin
23rd Oct 2005, 20:30
I saw a couple of my comments in the Appendix

Interestingly, one of them appeared completely out of the context in which it was written, and seems to have been taken as supporting a particular CAA line

How do I complain??????

cubflyer
23rd Oct 2005, 20:47
Looks like a complete whitewash. They have listed the comments, given a few answers, many invalid or missing the point and then changed virtually nothing from their original proposals.
Will the Government review of the CAA do anything? I hope so. Perhaps a good start would be to fire all the "top management" for Gross misconduct in handling this review.

Just look at their answer on the Fuel tax issue- it was just to say that the no tax on Jet fuel is here to stay. Good. But what about all the revenue from GA that the Government does get from tax paid on Avgas, this seems to have been conveniently forgotten!

They need some good objectives down there in the Belgrano, like reduce costs by 50%, reduce staff by 50% and also get rid of the expensive offices in London.
They really a review of what they are doing to see what is really necessary and particularly to make the regulations fit what they are regulating. GA aircraft and airfields do not need to be regulated in the same way or to the same rules as the airlines need!!