View Full Version : Flight Computers - User Guides

Re-Heat
22nd Oct 2005, 22:26
I use a quite old, former BOAC flight computer for private flying. Though I can use basics on it for x-country private flights, I am ignorant of how to use many of the other features.

Does anyone know of a link to an online guide on how to use all the features of the flight computers - this one has all the features formally used by BOAC navigators?

Strong headwinds are a little tricky, since it only has a high-speed card!

Farrell
22nd Oct 2005, 22:44
Sweeping nostalgia aside.....would it not be better to get a new one?

If you PM me your address, I will send you a copy of the user guide for the Pooley CRP5

There's also a guide here that might be of use:
http://www.cgaux.info/g_ocx/missions/auxair/E6B_Manual.pdf

Right Click and Save As.....it's about 2.5Mb and is for the US E6B and you can find the wind stuff in there as well! :ok:

Re-Heat
23rd Oct 2005, 13:09
Have PMd - a copy would be fantastic, so thanks!

Not really nostalga, but I find it practically better as it is aluminium rather than plastic.

Does anyone else have any specific guide for this older comuter as well?

Genghis the Engineer
24th Oct 2005, 15:47
I collect the things (my wife thinks I'm daft, but what the heck). I'd say that with virtually no exceptions, there's little real difference between the various models made worldwide since WW2.

If you've got a CRP1/CRP5/E6b/Dalton, etc. manual there's unlikely to be much difference between the manual and the computer - what differences there are generally become pretty obvious once you've worked out how to do all the stuff that is in the manual.

G