PDA

View Full Version : Farm Aviaition services ltd?

Bearcat
22nd Oct 2005, 15:13
A shot in the dark...

Have a supercub that spent a long time with farm aviaition services crop spraying, initially based kidlington and then ended up in Litttle Staughton Airfield Bedford. They obviously either went bust or were taken over. Any one have an idea who took them over or what happened as they may have some extra history to my plane including photos in an attic.

Thanks

vintage ATCO
22nd Oct 2005, 15:40
Hmmm, I thought Farm Aviation Services were the lot based at Rush Green near Luton which became Bowker Aviation (or similar). Perhaps I am confusing it with another outfit.

Could I ask the reg of the Super Cub (by e-mail/PM if you prefer)? I might have a contact.

Bearcat
22nd Oct 2005, 16:20
just pm ed you.

Flyin'Dutch'
23rd Oct 2005, 13:32
The (co)owner died a few years ago, but I understand that the company had stopped training a while before that.

I think I looked at that Cub when it was for sale.

Mandator
25th Oct 2005, 18:54
You'll be talking about G-ASCU then, which was first used as a crop sprayer by Pat Miller of Miller Aerial Spraying, operating out of Wickenby until the mid- to late-80s. The Super Cub was bought from Pat many years ago by Mike Pruden, who was partner with Bill Bowker in Farm Aviation Ltd at Rush Green.

Bill and Mike parted company, Bill to found Bowker Air Services Ltd and continue operations from Rush Green. Mike founded Farm Aviation Services Ltd, and went on to operate from Enstone and Little Staughton. Both companies ceased crop spraying in the late 1980s, Bill going to work for the CAA (poacher turned gamekeeper) and Mike to act as an agent for wind turbines.

Mike died two or three years ago and his remaining aircraft (the Super Cub, a couple of Pawnees and a load of Pawnee spares) were put up for sale.

Flyin'Dutch'
25th Oct 2005, 22:00
You'll be talking about G-ASCU then

That's the one I looked at.