PDA

View Full Version : december course

paulriggers
22nd Oct 2005, 13:27
anyone else on the december course?

5 Day Rule
24th Oct 2005, 11:31
Me!

Am 22, from Cheshire, just graduated in Aero Engineering at Loughborough. Presently going through getting my medical sorted and can't wait to start!:D

Dizzee Rascal
24th Oct 2005, 11:38
Which course are you referring to?

Remember this is not a NATS specific forum so which college and course are you starting? BAe Systems, Rudloe the Met Office of some other ATC related course?

paulriggers
24th Oct 2005, 12:47
the NATS Trainee ATCO course, to avoid any confusion.

LGW15
24th Oct 2005, 12:55
Dizzee Rascal trying to cause trouble.

adc3891
25th Oct 2005, 09:08
As something I am considering, what are the requirements to join the NATS Trainee ATCO course?

How long before you can get on the course do you have to apply?

Do they advertise the courses and if so, where?

What is the basis of the selection process?

Any more useful info would be very helpful.

Cheers

5 Day Rule
25th Oct 2005, 10:36
Check the NATS website, think you'll find all the info you need there, along with the NATS interview thread at the top of the page.

LOU22
2nd Nov 2005, 07:29
Me too! Moving down from Scotland, anyone got a spare room??

:D

paulriggers
12th Nov 2005, 16:15
well, either there's only 3 of us on the course or we're going to have some internet un-savvy course buddies.

any more takers for course 206?

CJH2811
13th Nov 2005, 23:41
Hi guys,

Only had the interviews last Weds but found out on Fri I will be joining you in December, subject to the usual fun and games! So that makes 4 of us at least.

Am 24 from Lancashire, having recently graduated in Accounting from Liverpool Uni.

Look forward to meeting and drinking with you all soon!

steffi
14th Nov 2005, 09:51
Hi Dec course!

I am still waiting to hear from the medical department, but hope to be on the Dec course too!

I'm travelling down from Perth, so fingers crossed there will be five of us!!!

littlemiss
14th Nov 2005, 13:02
I'm number six then. I'm 23 and finished uni at Bath 18 months ago. I have been working in Southampton for the past year so can't wait to get started....handing in my notice this week!!

Has anyone heard anything from the College? I.e. accomodation lists or leave over Christmas? All I had was the contract a few weeks ago.

4 weeks, 6 days and counting......:)

Gonzo
14th Nov 2005, 15:48
Steffi, great news!

Littlemiss, I'd take the initiative and request an accommodation list from the college. :ok:

CJH2811
14th Nov 2005, 16:16
Littlemiss,

When they phoned me with the job offer on Friday, I was told that the course starts on Mon 19th Dec, but we would only be there until Friday 23rd, and then off for the week over Christmas and New Year.

Seems a strange time to start when you take that into account, but there we go, I'm not complaining!

GT3
14th Nov 2005, 20:34
I was told that the course starts on Mon 19th Dec, but we would only be there until Friday 23rd, and then off for the week over Christmas and New Year.

Then posted to your unit on the 2nd Jan....

Sam Caz
14th Nov 2005, 20:39
Hi All,

I am also due to start the December course. Had my interview last Tuesday and the phone call on Friday, medical due 2nd Dec, so fingers crossed!
Other than that I have not been given much info yet, hoping to speak to someone at NATS tomorrow.
Anyone sorted out lodgings yet? Any advice welcome! I live in Kent and am leaving a job in Fire Service, just to be different!

Fletchers Left Boot
14th Nov 2005, 20:41
I think you'll find that the first week is the induction week held away from Hurn. If your start date is the 19th Dec, the course proper at Hurn should start on Jan 3rd (Mon 2nd being a bank holiday).

To be confirmed officially, of course, but I'm pretty sure that this is the case.

261A
14th Nov 2005, 20:52
There should be 30 people on each course

Sam Caz
14th Nov 2005, 20:59
Do you know where the 'team building' week will be held if not at Hurn?

261A
14th Nov 2005, 21:09
I think it is at a hotel or similar

littlemisskel
15th Nov 2005, 14:08
Hi (its littlemiss but with a different log in!)

The team building is at a place called New Place near Southampton somewhere...this is the only link I can find:

www.initialstyle.co.uk/venues/index.php?venue=44

Hope that helps.

When you get your contract through it says about it but not much more info after that i'm afraid.

5 Day Rule
15th Nov 2005, 14:37
With regards accommadation, Mr 5DR and I are giving serious consideration to renting short term in the Hurn area, but I can't decide whether that's just plain tempting fate???

I think it might be cheaper than b&b-ing it - more beer tokens!:p

littlemiss
15th Nov 2005, 15:16
I know what you mean about tempting fate!

I think I am going to B&B it for the first few weeks until I know what is what etc. I got hold of the local paper and you can get DB&B for £70-85pw....it doesn't say what its like though!

I also called CATC (cheers Gonzo :D ) who said they will be sending an induction pack with everything in a week or two.

Hope that helps.

261A
15th Nov 2005, 19:30
May be a wierd question but:

When training, as some trainees come a great distance to Bournemouth for training, do you need to tell the college your Correspondence postal address where you are staying for the duration of the course?

GT3
15th Nov 2005, 20:13
All gets sorted in the first week

sierra_alpha_mike
16th Nov 2005, 14:22
I think that makes me number 8.

I handed my notice in today (was a scientist). Still subject to medical, security and references, but hopefully grovelling on all 4s back to my current boss won't be necessary.

Looking forward to meeting you all in December.

261A
16th Nov 2005, 19:34
How do the courses work because the training is one to one (I think!) and you have courses in June, September and December so how do you get all 30 trainees from each of these courses doing different courses into the college?

RAF_Techie101
17th Nov 2005, 14:21
Just had a call from NATS - apparently your course isn't full yet, and they're holding extra interviews in a few days in Birmingham and wanted to know if I was interested as I haven't booked mine yet. Had to decline as I'm in the north of Scotland unfortunately...

Sam Caz
17th Nov 2005, 16:54
I was told by Recruitment that there will be 32 of us, and also to confirm that the course restarts after Xmas on 3rd Jan, as already suggested.

paulriggers
19th Nov 2005, 15:27
well it's nice to see this thread is a bit busier now, was getting worried before!

i think it's worth b&b'ing for the first few weeks, get a feel for the area and all. plus i'll get a breakfast cooked every morning - get in!

Tweety
29th Nov 2005, 22:39
hope your course goes well.

littlemisskel
2nd Dec 2005, 16:55
Hi guys,

Just wondering if you have heard anything more from CATC? I phoned them 3 weeks ago and they said they would be sending info in a week or two but I haven't heard anything. Tried calling this eve but couldn't get through.

They did send me an accomodation list which I think is from last March or June (quite a few properties were out of date on it) but it was a good guide.

Anyway, I've managed to get a few Bournemouth Echo's for the last few weeks with the property pages in.
A good website is www.rightmove.co.uk for properties. Most of the places do min rents from 3-6 months and then rolling 1 month after that.
Other than that there is coulsonmanagement.co.uk , ldproperty.co.uk , saxonmanagement.co.uk and primetower.co.uk.

Hope that helps some of you guys, especially those a bit further away.

Not long to go......:O

paulriggers
2nd Dec 2005, 22:16
i phoned hr this morning to say I've finally received my class one and they told me to expect college joining details shortly.

I've found fish4homes.co.uk and easyroommate.com good for accommodation info.

CJH2811
9th Dec 2005, 18:22
Hi guys,

I received all the info from the college this morning so am assuming you all have too? Still waiting on the old Class 1 tho - but only had my medical 2 weeks ago so guess it was always gonna be a last minute job!

Just wondering what everyone's latest opinion is on accommodation?

Chris

GrahamK
9th Dec 2005, 18:27
Just applied today, so if everything goes well, I hope to be starting sometime enxt year. :)
Hopefully see some of you there :ok:

Nedlah
13th Dec 2005, 08:43
Hi.

Am also starting on 19th and was wondering if anyone is going to be there on the Sunday evening?

CJH2811
13th Dec 2005, 15:08
Nedlah

I'll be there on the Sunday evening, not sure exactly what time yet though.

Arkady
13th Dec 2005, 20:27
Interesting rumour at the Big Grey Dome in the South that there will only be 30 trainees on the December course because NATS can't find two more suitable candidates for the last two places. I would be interested to hear the actual numbers when you start.

Gonzo
14th Dec 2005, 00:24
There has been a higher than average failure rate at final interview recently, that's why HR have been scrambling to fill the course.

5 Day Rule
14th Dec 2005, 10:19
I will def be there sunday night. Infact, I will be there saturday too (now that's keen) - long story:rolleyes:

paulriggers
17th Dec 2005, 15:27
Well everyone the time has nearly come, looking forward to meeting everyone and I'll see you all in the bar tomorrow evening!