PDA

View Full Version : CARDIFF

Pages : 1 [2]

CWL_Chris
13th Apr 2006, 17:15
WOW are carrying depressing loads on CWL/MAN,single figure passengers on many flights .
I give it 9 months !
:ok:

Ok.. well the figures that I've got are around 65%. That's not too bad to be honest. What pax figures do you have? Oh and please.. stop being negative!

Outoftheblue22
13th Apr 2006, 18:30
Re WOW loads - 65% doesn't sound at all bad to me! The fact that they are combining CWL-MAN, NQY-CWL and NQY-MAN all on the same aircraft presumably helps to limit the risk. From a quick look at their website they are selling lots of cheap seats, which may not be great in terms of their bottom line but if it gets people on board to start with then it should soon pick up nicely. They are brand new in CWL, and particularly with the demise of AW it's bound to take a while for the market to buy-in to the new services.

Outoftheblue22
13th Apr 2006, 18:44
Meant to say, booked me and Mrs Outoftheblue CWLNQY day trip in May. £38 round trip each - nice, but foolishly promised lunch at Rick Steins..... Suspect lunch may cost more than the flights - too late to change plan to fish & chips do you reckon?? :) :)

PhilM
19th Apr 2006, 13:51
Anyone know what the marquee type thing that is currently being erected in front of Stand 13 is?? Somewhere for the Ground Crews to sun themselves between turnarounds? :ok:

FunFlyin
19th Apr 2006, 15:15
Meant to say, booked me and Mrs Outoftheblue CWLNQY day trip in May. £38 round trip each - nice, but foolishly promised lunch at Rick Steins..... Suspect lunch may cost more than the flights - too late to change plan to fish & chips do you reckon?? :) :)

You are in luck. Said white hat wearing poncy chef also runs a fish and chip shop in the same village/town thing.

Enjoy the day - its a great place

And re these depressing passenger figures :suspect:
Cant say i have noticed it on the figures i get and i'd hope mine were accurate. :E

nclairportfan
19th Apr 2006, 15:17
WOW should be on the CWL to NCL route in my opinion. T3 are a great little airline but leisure passengers seldom fly with them because their fares are too high. I'm very surprised they didn't do it and offer connections to NQY at CWL too.

6G were doing well on the route, about to go 3 daily when the announcement was made. WOW could easily knock T3 off the route in the future!

FunFlyin
19th Apr 2006, 15:30
It may be something they will look into in the future too,
But i think at the moment they are limited on the number of aircraft.

Nqy cwl man can be done with the one. Thinking about ncl too and they are gonna need more planes :) lets hope they sort some soon :cool:

pipertommy
19th Apr 2006, 18:53
The shelter thing at std13 is to be kept in place until november for domestic baggage reclaim(guess they will be knocking through from belt area).A solid structure will built at the end of the season.

high_flying_adored
21st Apr 2006, 12:45
Exactly my point. Must be better to have modest and realistic improvements at Cardiff which don't add massively to the airport charges, than building a "taj mahal" which no-one wants to fly to?

Agreed. In 6 years I've seen massive changes to my surroundings, and yet the same celings still leak and the same doors still blow shut during use......

GBALU53
25th Apr 2006, 06:07
It is good to see two airlines working together to make things work.

Thomsonfly are selling as of the 25th May 4 days a week on the Cardiff-Jersey-Cardiff which was the days Air Wales operated.:ok: :ok:

We understand the route will be flown by Aer Arann with there ATRs, we do not know if they will increase the capicity on the route by using a ATR72 or will operate the route with the same capicity as Air WALES with an ATR42.

Who knows this hopefully could develope with more routes operated together.:ok:

SeamusCVT
25th Apr 2006, 07:36
CWL-JER-CWL will be operated on an ATR-72.

Regards

MerchantVenturer
25th Apr 2006, 10:40
Is there any news of an operator taking over the CWL-CDG route following the departure of 6G who operated the route for bmibaby?

Furthermore, the Eastern CWL-BRU and CWL-ABZ routes don't seem to have started yet. The press release issued on the Eastern website in March stated these routes would commence on 24 April.

However, they are not yet in the airline's web booking engine and in the timetable section it merely states the schedules will be announced soon.

I assume these routes are to be operated by the Eastern J41 that is to be based at CWL and delay in making the base arrangements might be the reason for the apparently postponed start date (compared to the informaion in the press release). Does anyone know when these routes will commence?

DanielP
25th Apr 2006, 11:21
Saw an Eastern JS41 at CWL on Monday...looked like it was loading???

Daniel

MerchantVenturer
25th Apr 2006, 12:20
That was possibly the Eastern CWL-NCL service that has already started.

caaardiff
25th Apr 2006, 17:23
Effective from 1st May Ryanair will transfer all DUB flights to Bristol.
Major blow to CWL as it seemed the DUB route was doing quite well.
Next question...... Will anyone take on the route and who could be the contenders? BMIbaby seems the obvious.

Update

Aer Arann to take over DUB-CWL with twice daily service

http://www.cwlfly.com/en/news.asp?id=203

With Cork, Lorient, Dublin, Galway and Thomsonfly's Jersey... would this be enough for a based aircraft?

PeterP
25th Apr 2006, 19:41
Not far off, Caaardiff!

Good result!

flower
25th Apr 2006, 21:04
I must admit my own feeling is that Ryanair pulling out and Aer Arran moving in is probably a good thing.

Edited to add it would seem Aer Arran may be announcing further new routes from CWL this week, would be good if some of the Ex Air Wales crews are back flying from the City.

GBALU53
25th Apr 2006, 21:26
At least Aer Arann have a better approach to life than some of the tactics we have seen from other Emerald Island operators (work this one out) who i am refering to.

With the annoncement of the Jersey route By Thomson to be operated by Aer Arann airlines can work together so long may it continue.

flower
26th Apr 2006, 18:04
Aer Arran have announced another new route today;

From the CWL website

Aer Arann, Ireland's premier regional airline, today confirmed that it will operate a double daily service from Cardiff to Dublin from Monday, 1st May 2006.

It also announced that it will begin operating a Cardiff to Galway service in the West of Ireland on 25th May 2006. This will bring the total number of Aer Arann routes from Cardiff to four adding to existing services from Cardiff to Cork and Lorient, South Brittany.

The Dublin to Cardiff service will operate twice a day Monday to Friday, departing Dublin at 8.30am and 5.45pm and Cardiff at 10.20am and 7.35pm with a flight time of one hour and twenty minutes. The airline will operate one flight per day at weekends departing Dublin at 8.30am on Saturday and 9.00am on Sunday and departing Cardiff at 10.20am on Saturday and 10.50am on Sunday. The Galway to Cardiff service will operate three days per week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday departing Galway at 7.35am and Cardiff at 12.30pm with a flight time of one hour twenty five minutes. Both services will be operated by a 50 seater ATR 42 aircraft.

Commenting on the announcement Padraig O'Ceidigh, Managing Director, Aer Arann said "We are delighted to be announcing these two new services from Cardiff to Dublin and Galway in the West of Ireland. We believe it is very important to maintain a direct service between Cardiff and Dublin, but we are also very pleased to be adding Galway to our network of Cardiff routes, which will considerably improve access between Wales and the West of Ireland. These two routes represent a significant strengthening of our network at Cardiff, which now includes four routes adding to our Cardiff to Cork and Lorient services. We look forward to working with Cardiff Airport to further develop these services in the coming months."

MerchantVenturer
26th Apr 2006, 19:45
8th December 2005, Aer Arann, Ireland’s premier regional airline, today announced that it will begin operating two new services from Cardiff to Dublin and Belfast City from 27th March 2006. The airline will operate two flights per day on each route with a 50 seater ATR42 aircraft. Fares and schedules that will suit both business and leisure passengers are currently being finalised and will be announced mid December.

With annual passenger numbers in excess of 1 million, Aer Arann currently operates 26 routes across Ireland, the UK and France with a fleet of 12 ATR 50 and 66 seater aircraft.
Commenting on the announcement Micheal O’Callarain, Marketing Manager Aer Arann said “Our commercial team is continually looking for opportunities for expansion and as such we are delighted to be announcing these two new services from Cardiff today. This year Cardiff is celebrating its centenary as a city and its 50th year as Wales' capital. It is a thriving and vibrant city and we believe that there is considerable untapped demand both on the Dublin and Belfast routes and look forward to developing both services in the New Year.”

The above was posted in this thread on 8 December 2005 - prescience, although the BHD is yet to eventuate?

Furthermore, on 23 November 2005 Caaardiff made the following post in this thread,
Heard more rumours Ryanair will be pulling out of CWL by Apr due to disagreements with the airport. 6G must have grins from ear to ear. But will baby take the route off them? Saying that Ryanair just upgraded the 738 so if they do go theres plenty of business for 6g and ww!

It seems that some of the rumours in PPRuNe do have legs.

Interesting new route from CWL to Galway. I wonder how long this has been planned. It can't have escaped RE's notice that FR fly from BRS to Shannon, a short distance away.

Phileas Fogg
26th Apr 2006, 20:49
I must admit my own feeling is that Ryanair pulling out and Aer Arran moving in is probably a good thing.
Edited to add it would seem Aer Arran may be announcing further new routes from CWL this week, would be good if some of the Ex Air Wales crews are back flying from the City.

Since when has Cardiff Airport, a.k.a. Glamorgan/Rhoose, been anywhere near the city of Cardiff and/or could be considered flying 'from the city'?

One is of the belief that Rhoose ain't a city and only a rotary wing pilot could fly from Cardiff city, can't see them taking a fixed-wing off a helipad:

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=321000&Y=175250&scale=5000&width=500&height=300&gride=320940&gridn=175280&lang=&db=pc&coordsys=gb

woptb
26th Apr 2006, 21:32
Closer to the centre of the city than for instance 'any' of London's airports possibley with the exception of City!

DanielP
26th Apr 2006, 21:36
Well, Rhoose has a Chinese chippy, a spar, a barber and couple of estate agents, but I don't think it is has gained city status yet :E

At least CWL isn't as bad as "Oslo" :confused: Torp (or should I say Sandefjord Lufthaven)!

Would I be too generous to the Cardiff Airport management to suppose that they have decided not to play with Ryanair (who have never created a hub at Cardiff, even if it was rumoured from time to time) after their initial charges discount as a strategy to encourage Aer Arran (who do want to expand in the UK) to form a base here? Surely, not having to compete with Ryanair would be an advantage to them. I wonder if this is planning or lucky chance? Have they spotted that regional props may be a good way to go as the locos seem indifferent about CWL? Either way, CWL must be working very hard behind the scenes at the moment.

Would anyone care to comment on the viability of a CWL - Galway service? Has it been done before?

I'm watching this situation with great interest.

Daniel

JaffaCake
26th Apr 2006, 22:46
So how long is it going to be before Arann base an ATR at Cardiff?! :hmm:

MarkD
27th Apr 2006, 02:28
DUB (2 weekday 1 Sat/Sun) and GWY (3 weekly) are now bookable.

Turn It Off
28th Apr 2006, 00:19
Roll on Terminal 2!!! :p :D :ok:

pipertommy
28th Apr 2006, 09:54
So any more rumours on the new arrivals at CWL?When does Eastern start the rest of its routes and is it only the one J41?

flower
28th Apr 2006, 10:10
Good to see on the new stands that they have labelled East to West allowing for more stands in the future to fit in the numbering system logically.

Fernando_Covas
28th Apr 2006, 10:15
Aloon....

So what is the largest aircraft each of those stands can take?

pipertommy
28th Apr 2006, 10:45
Yes it does look better!Things starting to take shape:ok:Stand 14 would probably be good for two prop jobs at once,leave the big boys close to the terminal.Suppose it will mean less to bus across too:)

I'm not joking sir
30th Apr 2006, 17:39
Crazy as usual. Stand numbers have been changed everywhere except on the actual stands which aren't going to be remarked until at least Tuesday! "Taxi to stand 9, that's the stand marked as 7."

pipertommy
1st May 2006, 10:03
Why on earth did they change them before they were marked up.What a cock up!!!!!! And no one even told the fire station it was in force so any calls would have sent us to the wrong stand:eek: Good sign for start of the season.

nclairportfan
1st May 2006, 13:58
Eastern flights from CWL-BRU are available to book on their website. Looks like cheapest fare is around £179 return

flower
1st May 2006, 19:03
Welsh teletext reporting earlier today that Aer Arran will be announcing further new routes this week.

MerchantVenturer
1st May 2006, 20:30
Hello Flower.

I don't know whether they are the routes mentioned in this BBC link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/4960626.stm

At first glance the BBC report suggests more routes are being announced this week then further down it seems they are referring to Cork (already started), Lorient and Galway (both already announced).

What does seem clear from the report is that RE intends flying to more destinations from CWL in the future.

You will doubtless remember that this airline announced a CWL-BHD route back in the winter but nothing came of it. I would have thought that BHD is a likely route, especially now that baby is only flying once a day to BFS.

WOWBOY
1st May 2006, 20:30
Welsh teletext reporting earlier today that Aer Arran will be announcing further new routes this week

Wonder what routes?
If anything comes out of it!

Rachman
2nd May 2006, 13:20

Flower, I agree completely. Glad to see the back of Private Ryan. Maybe now the airport and handling agents might actually make some money out of a DUB route! Notice the timing of it, too, following right on the heels of AWW closure - this might actually have been the saviour of Air Wales who were well placed to fill the DUB gap. Could have made a difference, who knows? No use crying over spilt milk and I wish RE all the success they undoubtably deserve with all their routes.

And Flower, don't worry, you'll recognise several AWW voices through your head-set!

R

flower
2nd May 2006, 16:02
I also recognised on the TV an ex AirWales pilot flying off with 14 of his colleagues to Dublin today to start with Aer Arran.
The Airport company is doing a big push on promoting the place at the moment with quite a bit on the TV, lets hope what the Aviation Analyst said was correct and that CIAL is now really pushing for new routes and new airlines, I am very fond of the airport it would be great to see it prosper :ok:

Stone Cold II
2nd May 2006, 16:32
Let's hope so I would love to see CWL really take off and have a few good airlines operating all year round, then I could come home.

GBALU53
2nd May 2006, 17:22
I inderstand Aurigny may have taken some on, there ATR72 was in Dinard on Saturday on a training flight.

There mail contract to Bournemouth is being operated by the ATR for a two week trial basis and if it works they would require more pilots to crew the overnight operation.

Cheap and quick to get on line and i would think some of the ex Air Wales pilots would go any where to keep currant as well as having a job.:ok: :ok:

high_flying_adored
2nd May 2006, 18:42
Up the workers!!
Rachman

Ah, that brings a tear to my eye already!

Thanks Rachman

bycrewlgw
6th May 2006, 21:29
Airtours have launched a CWL - POP flight for summer 07 different timings to the TOM/BY flight so maybe some competition ahead? Any other new routes for 07? TOM seems to have withdrawn a few for next year!

BYCREWBOY
7th May 2006, 09:43
which ones have BY withdrawn?

caaardiff
7th May 2006, 11:50
Just been looking at the timetable for Winter 06/07 and summer 07 for TOM

Paphos has been added for the winter and Alicante & Malaga are x4 a wk, so looks like 2 aircraft will be based through the winter.

But for summer 07, Varna seem to have been withdrawn and Malaga from x5 to x4 weekly. Puerto Plata isnt showing on the timetable, or in flights section, but you can book in holiday section

BYCREWBOY
7th May 2006, 13:03
Thanks through the grape vine POP may be a W pattern

GBALU53
10th May 2006, 15:17
Airx (Rockhopper/Blueislands) have made an application to CAA licensing to operate a Guernsey-Cardiff schedule service but we do not know when this will start.

CWL_Chris
10th May 2006, 15:36
Good news about the Guernsey service. What would the aircraft type be? ATR?

Just noticed that there is a flight to Split, with the following flight number OU1509.. any idea what its for? Is it some sort of charter?

Regards,
Chris

Richard Taylor
10th May 2006, 15:46
Any of the CWL guys know what has happened to the start of T3's CWL-ABZ
route, thought it was due to begin 24/4, but no sign of it yet.

Crewing issues or have they been unable to reach agreement on timings with the respective airports?

Not a dicky bird at the ABZ end.

Thanks. :)

CWL_Chris
10th May 2006, 15:50
Richard Taylor

I think it must have something to do with crew and aircraft available to do the routes. CWL-NCL is at 2x daily and the CWL-BRU service is due to start 5th June 2006. I should have thought that the CWL-ABZ route is the least important route of the three in the eyes of CWL & Eastern Airways management, so will be the last to start. However, it would be nice to see it flying relatively soon.

Regards,
Chris

GBALU53
10th May 2006, 17:42
CWL Chris

Blueislands (Rockhopper/Airx) will i would have at a good guess there Jetstreams on this route just like the old Manx days of operating the same type of aircraft

The other aircraft in there fleet are Trislanders and Islander so you can take this as it being the Jetstreams with nineteen seats so at least it is good to see a new company looking at new ideas and we hope it will work out.

Blueislands will have three aircraft operating by the beginning of june and the only schedules at the moment are the Channel Islands to the Isle of Man five times a week and Jersey to Bournemouth.

So i would have at a good guess this could be the start of more routes they will be applying to the CAA for.:ok: :ok:

bycrewlgw
26th May 2006, 11:03
Anyone know how well the new operators at CWL are performing? I.e. Aer Arann, Eastern. Are the loads good? Had a look at prices on the CWL - BRU route, prices coming in at 431 GBP not sure how well that will go down with the travelling public! Any news of anyone taking over the CDG route yet or any new destinations in the pipeline ?

BYCREWLGW

caaardiff
26th May 2006, 13:09
Looking like a tough day ahead for CWL staff. Anyone know the reason for the diverts? 2 TOM aircraft diverted to BHX, and Delays to other departures. Whats the weather like down there?

TwinAisle
26th May 2006, 13:12
Lousy.

EGFF 261220Z 27014KT 0500 R30/1300 R12/1500 -RA FG VV/// 13/13 Q1018

caaardiff
27th May 2006, 12:38
Big well done to all staff involved in last nights and todays (ongoing) nightmare.
Weather still not great, affecting many i/b and o/b flights, not to mention yesterdays flights that were rescheduled to go today. Everyones working really hard and really well together to keep things running as smooth as possible and keeping the passengers as happy as possible :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
:D :ok:

WOWBOY
27th May 2006, 12:43
Does anyone know how Air Southwest's CWL-MAN and CWL-NQY routes are doing as last I heard some flights had very low passenger numbers?

Also
When is easterns CWL-ABZ route going to start?

PhilM
27th May 2006, 18:40
Aye Caaaaardiff, it was a nightmare indeed!

It seemed the info.cwlfly.com flights information was randomly plucked from thin air!!! For example, one of the Baby 737s was due in from Belfast within the hour, yet, we knew it was still at Bristol! Total chaos, nothing for hours, then everything comes in at once leaving the Ramp Staff, Cleaners and Engineers (and I imagine many more staff inside the terminal) running around like idiots trying to get everything sorted in time for the morning's departures!

Looks like more of the same tonight, see you there people! :ok:

caaardiff
27th May 2006, 18:48
Totally agree. I wish the people up above who decide to reschedule these flights actually liase with the airport to discuss times etc to reschedule, the airport terminal today was at standstill as it couldnt cope with the sheer volume of passengers checking in and in departures. The main reason for passengers getting the BBC there!! Once again its the staff on the front line who have no control over anything that have to take the flack off passengers. Some staff had been reduced to tears!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/5023098.stm

On standby
28th May 2006, 10:42
Last 2 days have been tryimg to say the least!

Weather better today but it will take a couple of days to catch up.

Classic ATC clanger though:

"XXX1234 exit at B1 taxi stand 3"

" Err Cardiff Tower XXX1234 has gone around!"

Outoftheblue22
30th May 2006, 21:23
WOWBOY - do you work for WOW then, in which case you presumably know how they are doing?

From what I see their loads are building nicely. MAN is obviously the "bread and butter" route for business people etc, but NQY seems to be doing ok for the short break/holiday crowd.

WOWBOY
30th May 2006, 23:38
WOWBOY - do you work for WOW then, in which case you presumably know how they are doing?

I wish!!!:p Too young :p. I just have a big interest in them for some reson, probally becuase they are based right here in Plymouth.

Nice to hear that the route is doing well.

CWL_Chris
31st May 2006, 10:09
Any idea whether WOW are looking to expand at CWL?

If so.. what routes?

Regards,
Chris

WOWBOY
31st May 2006, 10:14
In a E-mail they said that they were currently planning/ evaluating new routes from CWL!
-the e-mail was about 4 months ago so...

No specific routes were mentioned!

pipertommy
31st May 2006, 10:20
What about Eastern,seem to be a bit slow getting started with there routes?Any goss?

CWL_Chris
31st May 2006, 10:23
Thanks WOWBOY..

I'm just trying to think what routes WOW could operate from CWL..hmmm!?

CWL-LBA
CWL-LGW
CWL-JER

I'd like to see them operate an IOM route too, don't know whether that will happen with WOW or if another airline will pick up that route.

Regards,
Chris

CWL_Chris
31st May 2006, 10:25
What about Eastern,seem to be a bit slow getting started with there routes?Any goss?

They have started the CWL-NCL route and the CWL-BRU route is due to commence next Monday (June 5th). I believe that they are waiting on aircraft in order for them to operate the CWL-ABZ route with the schedule they want. I would also expect 1/2 more routes to be announced by them later on this year :)

pipertommy
31st May 2006, 18:17
Great cheers,Chris:ok:

FunFlyin
31st May 2006, 21:19
I dont think you will see WOW expanding from cardiff until they get another aircraft or two.

Hopefully that wont be long though :)

CWL_Chris
31st May 2006, 23:55
Just found this..

30th May 2006, Aer Arann one of the fastest growing regional airlines in Europe, today announced that it would increase frequency on its Cardiff to Dublin route effective from 3rd July 2006 adding an additional midday roundtrip midweek Monday to Friday. The new flight will depart Dublin at 12.15pm and Cardiff at 1.55pm with a flight time of one hour 20 minutes. The flight will be operated by a 50 seater ATR42 aircraft. Aer Arann also operates services from Cardiff to Cork, Galway and Lorient.

Commenting on the announcement Micheal O’Callarain, Marketing Manager, Aer Arann said “Demand on the Cardiff-Dublin route has been very strong since we launched the service on 1st May and we are delighted to be offering additional choice and availability to passengers on the route from 3rd July.”

Jon Horne, Managing Director of Cardiff International Airport said “In the few weeks since it began flying between Cardiff and Dublin, Aer Arann has given Welsh passengers reliability, better schedules and now adds a choice of even more flights. What’s more, this award-winning airline has sustained Cardiff-Cork and introduced flights to Brittany and Galway. The growing rapport between Aer Arann and Welsh travellers is obvious and well-deserved.”

CWL-DUB now 3x daily with Aer Arran :ok:

Good to see that RE are doing well @ CWL!

Anybody have any idea on pax numbers on CWL-ORK, GWY and LRT?

Regards,
Chris

Mercyman
1st Jun 2006, 13:30
Just hearing rumours of a raf jet leaving the runway at cwl at high speed dont know how true they are

PeterP
1st Jun 2006, 14:37
HS125 with a hydraulic problem. Crew okay, 'plane okay, two new furrows with a potential for sweet peas or nasturtiums.:)

FunFlyin
1st Jun 2006, 22:09
Ahh someone got there before me

Coming through there tonight the poor thing was still by the side of the runway. Atis said something about a tail strike too? :confused:

Glad the crew are ok

I'm not joking sir
2nd Jun 2006, 17:46
Atis said something about a tail strike too?

The ATIS message was about the tail being inside the instrument strip.

FunFlyin
3rd Jun 2006, 09:05
Oh that clears it all up

It broke up at the end :)
(the atis not the tail)

Deal or No deal
4th Jun 2006, 20:33
So, aloon has deleted a post or two, perhaps for good reason! But what really is happening with the handling at CWL?? I maybe new here, but I get the goings on....

I see it in work , day in day out....They seem pretty disorganised at what they do... No one seems to care anymore...... So what the hell is going on??? aloon... any suggestions????

Aloon
4th Jun 2006, 20:57
Well, I'm glad you've seen it... I have to be careful here from now on, as managers have cottened on!! A kick in the teeth is better than nothing.....Good I say........ Be it online or not, I'm glad thay've got something to read to give them an idea..... I know a printout is circulating.... So the post is no longer required...

Hope to see a few changes here now, before a post is required in the area mangers thread.....

PhilM
7th Jun 2006, 15:40
Loving the weather! TShirts all round today I think ;) :ok:

The Skyservice Engineers looking after the Canadian registered First Choice A320 didn't look too happy in Tesco this morning ;), it seems that the lovely new engine they worked their asses off to fit (after ingesting a birdie on landing last weekend), wasn't actually so lovely afterall, rumour has it that the engine they got sent had been sat for 40days outside without being preserved!, so, they have been politely asked to remove it and fit another one instead, would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they took that call! :{ :eek:

caaardiff
7th Jun 2006, 19:15
Its been a very 'interesting' week for First Choice. Delays still ongoing it appears.
With an aircraft still sat on echo with its engine on the floor next to it. Lets just hope its not too visable from the passenger car park! :ouch:
Also for MyTravel, GBYTH still stuck in Dalaman, so far 4 different aircraft been operating flights for MYT, appears GSUEW is in for the duration now though.
Excel tech delay in SSH, and their replacement aircraft going tech for an hour just before it should have done it first flight! :D
All this on one day!
Roll on summer high season! :ugh:

PhilM
7th Jun 2006, 19:20
What exactly happened to BYTH then mate? I'm not in work to find out now until Friday night, heard something about a fence, which doesn't sound good, suprised I havent seen anything on here about it?

caaardiff
7th Jun 2006, 19:36
I'm not too sure. All i heard was it was 'Very Tech' :ouch: and SUEW may be around for a while. BYTH has never had a good track record anyway. It went tech before its positioning flight to CWL to start the season!!

Edit:
This just posted on another site...
http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=127310
Sounds nasty!
The plane definately didnt fly to CWL though. They positioned one of their 763's out their to bring the pax back 24hrs later

elgan
7th Jun 2006, 20:47
With BYTH meaning Never in Welsh, maybe there is some irony there :}

pipertommy
8th Jun 2006, 08:29
On the news that a new terminal is(might) to be built in North Wales!This will form part of the inter-Welsh airlink.Does anyone know who would operate this route?I know this has been covered before but it still seems to pop up regular!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5055956.stm

P.s Not trying to sound to cheeky i`m due to finish my commercial training next year,so any pm`s on contacts relating to this would be much appreciated!

LGS6753
8th Jun 2006, 20:28
Can anyone explain to me what the connection is between North Wales and South Wales?
Communications are and always have been awful. They share a name (Wales), but apart from bureaucrats, I can't see who the passengers would be...