PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff ATC Meeting

No_Speed_Restriction
21st Oct 2005, 16:51
As I (and most other 6G) pilots werent informed of the ATC gathering at the flying club until short notice perhaps someone could quickly recap the main points etc discussed.

flower
21st Oct 2005, 17:04
Hi N-S-R,
I don't know why you didn't get to hear about the meeting until the last minute but we do intend holding them on a regular basis so next time lets hope the system works a little better and you get to hear about it.

Just to précis then.

We did a presentation on runway incursions and what we are doing at Cardiff to try to prevent them occurring, that included a discussion about ATC clearances and how hopefully next month the system will change again to be more user friendly.

A showing of the next Level Best DVD which you should be receiving through CHIRP any day now and again a discussion on level Busts.

Then a presentation on the proposed changes to the Cardiff /Bristol airspace and the SIDs and STARs.

A few questions and answers and of course the normal more informal discussion over a drink.

Very useful evening, expected to get a lot more thrown at us from an ATC point but most issues seemed to be about situations beyond our control , though they are being forwarded to the Airport management.

Hope your Eastenders episode was worth it :p

No_Speed_Restriction
21st Oct 2005, 17:53
Hi,
actually had pre planned social so couldnt make it (Eastenders was just a bonus even though the episode was rubbish but go figure?!?). Management were told about the meeting but for some reason decided not to place a note in the crew room. why? I do not know. Maybe someone can release an unofficial minutes of the meeting so that it could be circulated to the rest of us.

flower, thanks for the update and thanks for the quality atc service we at 6g are provided with. much appreciated.

cheers.

flower
21st Oct 2005, 18:29
N-S-R.

I don't believe it was minuted as it was an informal get together , However I can probably get a print off of some of the presentations for you if you wish although I cannot promise. I'm on leave for another week but will see what i can do for you.

The New airspace may well be presented again once it has been formally approved.

No_Speed_Restriction
21st Oct 2005, 19:44
no problem. enjoy your leave.