PDA

View Full Version : Channex Redundantcies

Ivan aromer
20th Oct 2005, 12:31
After many rumours, all hotly denied by management, the A300s of Channel Express are on the way out sooner rather than later.:
IMHO the management have treated a loyal and professional workforce with an arrogant disdain which is breathtaking. Being economic with the truth doesn't even come close. My fellow A300 ground and F/E are now all looking for other employment. I understand that the Pilots may be offered jobs on the B737 or 757. Well I suppose they should be thankful for that but who in their right mind would trust such management again?

TwoDots
20th Oct 2005, 12:35
Isn't Mr Meason the one who demands absolute loyalty from his troops ?

fokker
20th Oct 2005, 14:56
Sorry to hear that; I know only too well how it feels. So (relatively) soon after the F27 debacle, too. Good luck to one and all in finding new positions.

I sincerely hope that RB, the Flight Ops head, is not implicated in any dishonesty. Having known, admired and respected him for the thick end of 20 years, I shall be truly saddened if he has gone the way of all managers.

Again, good luck guys and gals.

BTW: You could always try asking Mr M whether he's tried any new Keith Floyd recipes recently....................................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You haven't seen me, right?;) ;)

hec7or
20th Oct 2005, 18:24
This is to certify that RB is an extremely good bloke.

Cee of Gee
20th Oct 2005, 19:21
Sorry to hear that bad news.

Has it been made official?

Best of luck to all the air/ ground crews involved.

Cee of Gee.

Bus429
21st Oct 2005, 07:35
Ivan - sad news (one of your engineering managers is ex-MAEL, is he not?) - on the upside, there are loads of jobs. If based at Bournemouth, you may only have to scoot across the airport.

simufly
24th Oct 2005, 14:15
The dust is slowly settling: a very sad story for all concerned.

Sub rosa
27th Oct 2005, 23:48
Jet 2/Channel.

They will be gone in 2 years.......

You heard it here!

faq
28th Oct 2005, 00:20
Hi Sub Rosa,

Could you explain your reasons for stating this? I don't agree or disgaree with your comment, nor am I seeking to rubbish it.

I wondered what on information you had formed your opinion on? Perhaps you are an 'insider' with more information than the rest of us have access to.

Thanks

Faq

trainer too 2
28th Oct 2005, 07:58
Sub Rosa

All your posts on Pprune have been about slagging of Channex / Jet2.... :yuk:

This is a company that only will stop to exist when it is sold of for a lot of money. :oh: This is one of the few airlines in Europe that have been making money since the beginning and existed over 15 years (I think that Martinair in the Netherlands is the other one but they had two years with losses)

So what is your problem with them. That is probably more interesting to know...
:hmm:

Good luck to all the FE's and Loadies involved!

Bof
28th Oct 2005, 22:01
Really!! Take a look at the last posted results of Dart Group, I think Fork you are on another planet. I think "the street you are getting the word" from needs updating!

unwiseowl
30th Oct 2005, 13:09
Just took a look at Dart Group profit figures: Looks very poor when you consider that it was generated by 25 jets, 650 trucks and a warehousing operation. If each truck made £21k net profit that would leave zero from the jets and the warehouses.

I'd think it highly likely that one part of the group is not making any profit. If PM spends all his time at the LoCo I'd guess it was that?

4screwsaircrew
31st Oct 2005, 00:23
Sub rosa,

As ever, comments without justification.

The B757 is the future of Jet2 and low cost operations in Europe. The aircraft is ideal for longer routes such as Tenerife and Southern Europe.

The operating costs are similar to the B737-800 but the aircraft are much cheaper to buy and can carry a lot more passengers.

PM is a shrewed businessman who takes care of loyal employees. The company has been doing great for the last 20 years and is sure to continue.

captain coldfront
31st Oct 2005, 09:38
'PM is a shrewed businessman who takes care of loyal employees'.

Sorry? Just exactly which version of history do you subscribe to?

Ask the loyal employees from the Electra or the F27's how they were 'taken care of'.

Riverboat
1st Nov 2005, 00:34
I think it is fair to state that PM has always run a tight ship, and the company has managed to survive for many years ina precarious business. Making nasty accusations about his parentage because the company no longer feels able to make money out of A300 operations, and they are planning to get out of those, says more about the writer than PM.

Think about it: we are in a heavily regulated capitalist society where entrepreneurs are expected to set up businesses and, against all the odds, succeed in employing more and more people every year.

Channex hav achieved that, and I don't think complaining about the departure of L188s and F27s, and now A300s, is at all valid. Channex might well have gone doen the plug-hole if they had stayed with these aircraft, and even if they hadn't, they would not have expanded and employed so many more pilots and cabin staff than they have.

Channel/Jet 2 are a success story, and they, and PM are due considerable credit.

alibaba
1st Nov 2005, 10:24
Running Costs of 757 and 737-800? I would side with 737-800 being a heck of a alot cheaper to run. Seating well 189 in 737-800 not sure what it is in the 757, 210 maybe? 757's are not cheap to buy or lease either.

It is a gorgous a/c though.

Just an opinion.

:8

jet2impress
2nd Nov 2005, 15:41
228 seats on the Jet2 757's

redmech
3rd Nov 2005, 15:04
Plus when PM is buying 757's he gets some 737's for free what an offer, best put me down for some while the offer still stands.:)

4Screwaircrew
3rd Nov 2005, 20:53
Not going to comment about the redundancies, but would like to make the point that 4screwsaircrew registered October 2005 is not 4Screwaircrew and that comments made by that poster should not be attributed to me, which seems to be the intent.

Thank you

757manipulator
4th Nov 2005, 00:56
Alibab...compare prices..and lease rates buddy..you'll find the 757 is quite a bit cheaper to aquire...running costs are comparible on a seat by seat basis, plus the 757 can carry around 25% more revenue payload further....from a shorter runway;)

It also has 3 autopilots..compared to 2 in the 800 (I was told that..so Im taking the A/P number in the 800 on face value)

itsonthebox
4th Nov 2005, 11:39
aye lad,

"4Screwaircrew" is yo tut chappie tha used ta

"scrape the green fin!"

:ok:

BOHEuropean
5th Nov 2005, 22:00
Hi

G-CEXK is at Bournemouth completly white and has been here for long time now,

G-CEXH is at Bournemouth in the channel express livery though without titles,

Sad to see that these aircraft will no longer be flying for Channel Express

BOHEuropean

alibaba
9th Nov 2005, 15:56
I don't know why 2 or 3 A/P's make a diff.? Both are CAT III auto land's are they not?

The 7 cabin crew that you need on the 75 will make a differance on cost aswell as the general upkeep of a/c and burning more fuel due larger empty wt and bigger engines etc.

Extra seats are a given but you have to sell those seats due you not?

I am not sure what the performance of the 757 is for short RWY'S but I would say and this is a guess here. That the 73-800 has comparable performance if not better.

On leace prices etc Well it depends who you are and what you got them for. Transavia most probably got a totally differant deal to Ryanair on the 800's.

Charters have made the 75 work for them for many years though. So they do work!:ok:

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Nov 2005, 16:09
alibaba
Where do you get 7 cabin crew from, you require 4 on B737-800 and 5 on B757.
It's a long time since l was at school, but l make that one extra crew member for an extra 39 pax, that is at 228 seats in B757, l think that's the config.

alibaba
9th Nov 2005, 22:18
757 200 or 300. I was flying with a charter a couple of weeks ago on a 300 and I think the was 7 but it might of been 5 I cant remember to be honest.:confused:

Mr @ Spotty M
10th Nov 2005, 05:17
alibaba
The requirements are one Cabin Crew member per 50 seats.

4screwsaircrew
18th Nov 2005, 14:10
The company definitley has plans for up to seven 757's.

PM announced at last years training meeting that the 757's were being purchased to compete with the 738. In his words he described how the operating costs would be equal to the 738 due to the fact that there would be no heavy lease payments to make, thus making it viable.

As I have said before, PM is a wise old owl. Liked by many, directed and totally dedicated. If he says the 757's are going to work - they will!

Ivan aromer
18th Nov 2005, 20:28
4 screw-etc.
The company definitely has plans..... Thats nice so did I until I was screwed. Same as the F27 and Electra guys.
PM announced did he, well that makes it true then.
In your opinion PM is a wise old owl, well as a "senior" trainer I suppose you have to tow the party line.
If he says the 75 will work they will. You wouldn't like to buy some shares in Ostrich farm that I have, it is a real money spinner!!!!!!

Trip Switch
19th Nov 2005, 09:48
Ivan

Just to restate - 4screwsaircrew is NOT the same person as 4Screwaircrew, and therefore not the '"senior" trainer' that you refer to.

Please do not fall into the trap of attributing any status to 4screwsaircrew that they are not due.

I do not wish to cast any aspersions, however it seems a little suspicious to have chosen a name so close to another's (and even take the same "wherever I lay my hat" location) and would hate to see 4Screwaircrew suffer due to misidentification or indeed any malicious postings that maybe made (I do not suggest this is their intent, but it is open to the possibility).

One for the mods perhaps.

Trippy

woptb
20th Nov 2005, 00:38
While i have no time for PM, in fact none for any of the board & most of the management. I've known the senior trainer(4screw,singular!) in question for many years & whatever his allegiances or opinions he is a thoroughly decent man.