PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Thread

rej
13th Oct 2005, 07:50
Am I just being dull or has the thread regarding the fast car on the runway vanished. I was guite enjoying reading what had happened over the years around the bazaars.

I don't suppose that word from on high made it down to the initial poster via line management ........ or was it just to prevent journos making it headline news in the tabloids?

spekesoftly
13th Oct 2005, 12:37
Nah, reckon '007' has reclaimed the Aston, and dealt with the bean spiller! ;)

RNGrommits
13th Oct 2005, 13:21
Dunno. i posted a reply at 8 o'clock last night, and the whole thread had vanished by 9. Maybe someone had a career caption!

Cheekyone2
13th Oct 2005, 18:30
Nah I doubt anyone diretcly involved would have been stupid to post something like that. Prob a friend that has ben told about it?

Hippy
13th Oct 2005, 22:56
I was wondering exactly the same thing! I'm glad I'm not going daft after all and it has really disapeared. I even wondered if it had been moved to the Mil forum. Kind of vindicates my contribution to the thread though, that went, from memory: Ten quid to the ATC tea swindle and nothing more said about it till the Xmas ballI reckon you could be 'right first time', Rej.

Lon More
14th Oct 2005, 11:54
I'm intrigued. Anyone able to post a summary?

RNGrommits
14th Oct 2005, 19:01
It basically involved an incident of a v.expensive car vs aircraft.
Doubt it was a freind of a friend, more likely concerned coalface atcos.
However
There definately should be a thread for the wackiest local orders or most bizarre thing to happen at your unit.
Infact
I think I'll start one!