PDA

View Full Version : Loop - the new mag (Merged)

QDMQDMQDM
13th Oct 2005, 07:50
This has just come through my letterbox today. What's all this about then?

QDM

Barshifter
13th Oct 2005, 08:35
QDMQDMQDM

Maybe this is the new gasco :D

Cheers

Barshifter

scubawasp
13th Oct 2005, 09:20
I think on page three :O , in the top left, says it all!

smarthawke
13th Oct 2005, 12:33
An interesting concept by the previous editor of Pilot and Flyer. Written in the true terms of a tabloid newspaper and not a lot of proof reading...

Stapleford's TwinStars are going to be busy flying 17,000 hours a year. as for headlines like 'Wreck wins again' or the like when talking about Rare Bear at Reno really is a bit strange considering its market and audience.

Most people I've spoken to think it's all a bit tacky.

Aussie Andy
13th Oct 2005, 15:33
I liked it...

If you haven't got it in your mail box, go to http://www.loop.aero to register.

Andy

Complex_Type
13th Oct 2005, 18:50
I'm impressed, enjoyed it. And it's free.

javelin
13th Oct 2005, 21:23
Good luck I say,

There are a couple of similar publications in the USA, one on the East, one on the West. They seem to be available wherever FBO's are, free to take. You can subscribe if you wish.

The American ones are up to date and give a real good news slant on things.

Hope it succeeds :ok:

Potter1
15th Oct 2005, 09:22
Yep I thought it was ok, some interesting pieces. Well worth the and as previously said. Free.

Good luck to them

P....

Established Localiser
17th Oct 2005, 18:42
Anyone come across the new General Aviation Newspaper Loop!

From what I read it seems it is to promote GA within the UK (which I think is Brill!) and if you log on to their web site you receive a free copy each month.

Seems Great,

Enjoyed reading it anyway .

More of the same please !!;)

loop.aero (http://www.loop.aero)

EL

Edit
Obv...Hadnt read the previous thread !!:rolleyes:

Evil J
18th Oct 2005, 07:00
Have just subscribed (well anything thats free in this game!!) but must agree the proof reading needs to improve!!

Apart from the above, there is the Irish Cessna which apparantly lost 6 ft off its starboard wing, yet the photo clearly shows the port wing as damaged-the photo may have got mangled ofcourse..

IO540
18th Oct 2005, 07:59
Well if the UK Govt manages to force through its unbelievable proposal to kick US reg aircraft out of the UK after 90 days, there will be no problem running an aviation magazine funded by for-sale aircraft advertisements alone :O