PDA

View Full Version : NATS Application Numbers

NeoDude
13th Oct 2005, 06:50
Hey folks,

I am due for my aptitude tests in just over a week. I want this job so much it hurts :ok:

Does anyone have any ideas what the number of applicants is after each stage? i.e. How many applicants on average apply?, how many make it past the aptitude stage?, and how many make it through the interview?. Can I assume that all those that pass the interview get a start at the college assuming the medical is ok? or do they expect people to fail the medical?

Any other info on the interview stage? There seems to be a lot of info on the aptitude stage floating about on the site but not a great deal on the interview stage. I would especially be grateful if some folks could post examples of questions that they've been asked during the HR and Tech interviews.

Thanks

Chris

smellysnelly2004
13th Oct 2005, 12:44
Not sure about application numbers.

With regards to questions in the interview, from all the reading I did on this forum and my experience of the interview it's not helpful to 'rope learn' previous questions as every interview is different. They are looking for reasoned arguments backed up with logic

I'll be happy to PM you what was asked in my interview but it was mostly about situations and how you would handle them - not something you can prepare for. You obviously should learn as much as possible about ATC, especially the info they give you.

The interviewer will question every decision you make and ask you to justify it. You need to get the balance right between standing by your decision if you believe it to be right and having the balls to admit your mistake if you've made one.

As is posted many times on this forum, the interviewer is looking for your decision making ability, motivation and aptitude, not a ready made controller - this is what the training is for.

All the above is about the technical interview which i passed.
Computer tests are tough but just stay calm
As for the personnel interview, I cannot comment as this was the only thing I FAILED:{

AS I said, PM me and I'll help you in any way I can

Ryan

ILS 119.5
13th Oct 2005, 13:07
In the early 80's I was told that there were about 3000 applications per year of which 120 were given courses. On my course only 50% of us reached validation at a unit and from that 50% only half of them remain valid. Not trying to put you off.

LGW15
14th Oct 2005, 06:14
About 3/100 applicants meet the requirements of NATS in the selection tests and go through to interviews.

BUT if all the applicants do very well they all go through.

sr562
15th Oct 2005, 12:57
when i started we were told that there are around 4000 applicants and usually only 3% of people get all the way through.

Clairey
1st Nov 2005, 09:16
Hi, I have my assessment day tomorrow in London and I have to say that I have found this site very useful :ok:

I have read the NATS document I was sent every night since I knew I had got through the online numeracy test and I really don't think I could know that any better. I have been doing lots of aptitude tests and maths tests and personality tests, and am now hooked on them as well as Sudoku haha ! :8

I am hungry for this and to be honest yes I will be nervous tomorrow but that's natural and anyone there that isn't nervous, well that's not right is it ? I am a firm believer in studying for this sort of thing but also it comes down to how you are on the day. I know I will do my best tomorrow and if that's not good enough, I will try again.

I would say good luck to anyone else taking part tomorrow and I can honestly say this is the most exciting thing I've done in a long, long time !

Clairey.

Heathrowinnit
1st Nov 2005, 11:19
Good Luck to all of you! It's worth the effort.
But hurry up please, I want and E.G.:O

Clairey
5th Nov 2005, 11:04
Heathrowinnit - sorry to be a tad thick here but what's E.G. ???

Gonzo
5th Nov 2005, 11:20
E.G. = 'Early Go'

Arkady
5th Nov 2005, 16:35
DON'T MENTION THAT AT YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:}

Clairey
6th Nov 2005, 13:41
OK, I won't :ugh: not that I'm gonna get as far as the interview anyhow........I didn't finish half the tests on Weds and I have an inkling that my personality paper will be the one that fails me. Oh well only another 15 working days to go haha