PDA

View Full Version : Grrrreat little restaurant

fernytickles
12th Oct 2005, 03:31
I was fortunate enough to do a trip to London, ON last week, and had an outstanding meal at the restaurant in the Diamond Flight Centre. If you are anywhere within the vicinity, I would recommend it wholeheartedly. The food was the best I've had in a long time (well, I do currently live in the land of brats and deep fried cheesecurds ;) ) and I would go back there in a heart beat. The Bouillabaise was delicious :D

Plus, getting to see around the Diamond Aircraft facility was pretty neat too. I'd love to have a shot in a Twin Star one day soon....

JBM
13th Oct 2005, 18:54
Been there myself many times. I agree with you the food is almost always excellent.

Called the "Katana Cafe" I think ... highly recommended :ok: :ok:

Cheer,
JBM

IHL
14th Oct 2005, 22:19
The restaurant at the Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton (CYHM) is also quite good and it has an awesome atmosphere.

Random Electron
16th Oct 2005, 14:44
Never had a bad meal yet in Canada. Restaurants which stick out are The Keg Steak House, on York Street, YYZ for sheer professionalism of service, The 360, 1200 feet up the top of the CN Tower, also in YYZ for the stunning views of Toronto and superb food, plus the Five Fishermen in YHZ, which simply has to be the best seafood restaurant in the Universe. I dream about their steamed Prince Edward Isle mussels, and the fresh Nova Scotia lobster!
I hope you Canadians realise how lucky you are!

hibypassratio
16th Oct 2005, 21:12
If I recall the Kitchener? Waterloo airpost has a little restaurant on site. The Katana Cafe in London is a great spot.

Lindsay Ontario has a little hole in the the wall cafe that has great butter tarts.

mymymy
17th Oct 2005, 00:08
Alright Random Electron, now that you've opened Pandora's Box......

Best Ribs I've ever had here (http://www.where2eat.ca/restaurants/dembones_restaurant.php)

Not far from YVR terminal either. click for overview (http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/mp/BC/null/Dem%2BBones%2BRestaurant/604/2733822/8380%2BBridgeport%2BRoad/Richmond/V6X3C7/0/1/0000000000001868670112571007.html)

3my

Random Electron
17th Oct 2005, 13:40
Looks very nice indeed, but can you get the wonderful Sleeman's Honey Brown Ale there too?

lead zeppelin
19th Oct 2005, 04:27
Arizona's on Carlingview next to YYZ has great food and stunning waitresses.

2R
26th Oct 2005, 15:12
Qualicum Beach Airport has a nice little Cafe/Bistro on Vancouver Island .Better Pie than Chilliwack !!!!!
Tofino in the summer you can walk from the Airport along Long beach to a world class Salmon restaurant and the halibut is SO GOOD mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .
As for Lobster Rudders Pub/restaurant in Yarmouth N.S has real ale brewed on site with the best Lobster on this planet,and the barstaff are quite tasty too:D :D If you are their for more than one meal go to the austrian restaurant for the Haddock or digby scallops ,and do not forget to check your weight and balance before you take-off eh ....