PDA

View Full Version : Hour building ideas needed!

Epsonite
11th Oct 2005, 16:25
Hello,

Despite been employed as a First Officer (first pilot job since qualifying) with a jet type rating, I have only been given the opportunity to complete less than one hour of flying in the last 12 months (don't ask!!! - terrible company).

I am now actively job junting but need to log 50 hours ASAP! Does anyone know a cheap way of gaining these hours - I live near RAF Brize Norton? I am highly strapped for cash (pilot training loans are a killer!) so if anyone knows any cost effective methods I would be hugely grateful!

Thanks!

tacpot
12th Oct 2005, 10:37
What sort of aircraft do you need, SEP, MEP, Turboprop, Jet?

Johnm
12th Oct 2005, 13:00
If all you want is hour building you could try a zero capital group such as the BUIJ/XENA at Blackbushe. I have a vague idea there may be one at Staverton but couldn't be sure. If you drop into the Towers at Staverton or Kemble I'm sure they'd let you know of any that are around in the area. You could try Oxford too.

Brooklands
12th Oct 2005, 15:48
Epsonite,

How about this (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15763) , shouldn't be too far from you, and doensn;t involve any capital outlay. If that dowsn't suit then have a look at the other options on the forum

Brooklands

Epsonite
12th Oct 2005, 19:46
Thanks for all that advice.

The hours can be on anything - they just have to be logged. So long as I can say I've flown 50 hours in the last 12 months then that's all I need!