PDA

View Full Version : Gen Aviation Stansted

PGA
5th Oct 2005, 20:42
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of picking up two mates from stansted in a warrior. Was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible at all and how it works with customs etc.

Thnx in advance!

unfazed
5th Oct 2005, 20:46
PGA

Why don't you look up the number in the AIP and give them a call

My guess is that you can land a Warrior but your pitstop will probably cost ....????.....£100 ??? (guess !)

Fried_Chicken
6th Oct 2005, 00:13
I presume they're arriving in Stansted on Ryanair/Easyjet/etc.. but if they're not, there are plenty of cheaper options available around EGSS.

Haven't checked out them out (runway length, opening hours etc..) but I can think of at least High Easter, Andrewsfield, Audley End (a short train ride from Stansted) & Cambridge (again, not too long on the train from Stansted) which are all presumably alot cheaper then Stansted.

FC

MikeJeff
6th Oct 2005, 12:37
....????.....£100 ???

:p lololololololololololololololololol

Treble it and add some :(

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
6th Oct 2005, 12:44
PGA -

Stanstead handling fees are the BAA standard, and depend on whether it is high / low season. Most of the year is high season, so you will pay about £90-£100.

Handling is mandatory - this is slightly more negotiable than the landing fee - but you should expect another £90 - £100 quid to be taken from your pocket.

Then there is the slot booking (at least 4 hours before you go.....)

I recommend you call one of the handling agents listed in your Pooleys.......

On the other hand, there is some very good advice here that you can save yourself a few quid by going into one of the nearby fields. Unless of course you have a burning desire to add EGSS to your log book!

AerBabe
6th Oct 2005, 13:18
Come to North Weald & take a taxi...