PDA

View Full Version : Military IFR Approach Plates

Romeo Romeo
5th Oct 2005, 12:44
Does anyone know if IFR approach plates for UK military airfields are available anywhere on the Internet?

Aussie Andy
5th Oct 2005, 12:50
Afraid I don't know how to get them on the internet* - I am fortunate enough to be a member of a flying club which is located on a MIL base and have got paper copies (3 months out of date though). What base are you planning to fly an approach to? Maybe you could contact someone at that base to get what you need? If it's RAF Benson I could posisbly put you in touch...

Andy

* without paying!

tacpot
5th Oct 2005, 13:34
http://www.aidu.mod.uk/ should have what you are looking for, but it looks like you have to setup an account to order and pay...

Could you get them faxed from ATC at the airfield you have arranged to fly the approaches at?

tp

IO540
5th Oct 2005, 14:01
Jeppview contains a lot of them, but like anything from Jepp it's as far from free as one can get :O

Pierre Argh
5th Oct 2005, 15:09
Faxing TAPs... I think, what you're suggesting might constitute piracy?

NO1 AIDU publish the UK Military TAPs etc... but have instructed individual units NOT to fax copies of their plates (so you might encounter a problem... They're, after all, just trying to save the money you probably paid the taxman?)

BillieBob
5th Oct 2005, 16:13
See if you can find what you want here (https://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/index.cfm).

Romeo Romeo
5th Oct 2005, 22:29
It's an ILS plate for Shawbury that I'm after. Thanks for the links but they don't appear to have Shawbury on there. I'll take AA's advice and get in touch with the base and see if they can help.

tmmorris
6th Oct 2005, 10:49
You can do a one-off order from No.1 AIDU. For chrissakes, it's only £12 ish for a set of TAPs for the whole of southern England. What hourly rate do you pay on the aircraft?

Tim

Romeo Romeo
6th Oct 2005, 12:12
I had a look at the AIDU website and it said:-

Civil
Most RAF FLIPs are for sale to civilian customers. Order forms and price lists may be obtained from No 1 AIDU, Fax: +44 020 8841 1078. However, EAG (AERAD) TAPs are not available through No 1 AIDU to civilian customers. Civilian customers should contact EAG (AERAD) Customer Services, their telephone number is +44 01932 704200.

It was the highlighted bit that put me off, not the £12 price tag! I took it to mean that all TAPs are not available - am I getting confused?

Aussie Andy
6th Oct 2005, 12:54
RR - check yhour PMs mate...

tmmorris
6th Oct 2005, 13:45
It says that, but if you buy the books of TAPs, rather than individual plates, you in fact get AERAD and AIDU plates together. Anyway, Shawbury will be non-AERAD, I imagine. I get Southern and Northern England books quarterly as a civilian customer (sadly they refused to categorise me as military so I don't get them free!)

Tim
(RAFVR(T) but apparently still a civilian customer)