PDA

View Full Version : Was this flight legal

charlie-india-mike
3rd Oct 2005, 22:02
Yesterday I flew MEP with 2 passengers. Having looked in my log book , I have not done any MEP for 127 days, I have flown SEP in the last 90 days.

Question

Should I have done MEP within the last 90 days to be able to take passengers?

C-I-M

mad_jock
3rd Oct 2005, 22:41
Afraid so totally illegal

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20A.pdf

Appendix F section 2 para G

States same type or CLASS and as MEP is a seperate class to the SEP your where out of the 90 days.

So you should have had 3 takeoff's and landing in the last 90 days on MEP before you could take pax.

MJ

charlie-india-mike
3rd Oct 2005, 23:15
oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VCR
4th Oct 2005, 10:47
I think that question should have been phrased 'What if..........'!!!:{

tacpot
4th Oct 2005, 11:11
So, if one realises one has exceed the privilages of a license, not complied with the ANO, etc, etc; what are you supposed to do about it?

Is there a counter at the CAA where you can turn up and hand yourself in?

Is chalking this up to experience, and learning from it sufficient?

tp

ShyTorque
4th Oct 2005, 11:29
Take out your licence, lay it on the ground and back away slowly........ :=

Maude Charlee
4th Oct 2005, 11:31
Knock knock.

Hello?

'Ello, are you Mr CIM?

Erm, yes.

We're the CAA's crack intenet snooping dept and we'd like a word please.

The who?

Not the Who sir, we're the Civil Aviation Authority (brandishes large golden ID badge with skull and crossbones).

Aviation? I don't know anything about aviation gentlemen. I think you want the other CIM who lives down the street (points down the street and as they turn to look, legs it........).

Live and learn. At least now you know.

Gertrude the Wombat
4th Oct 2005, 18:12
I think you want the other CIM who lives down the street (points down the street and as they turn to look, legs it........). Friend of mine, not always in agreement with the government in Sudan, was wandering down the corridor in his university department one day when he came across a couple of obvious secret police.

"Hi," they say, "do you know where Dr X is?" So Dr X replies, perfectly truthfully, "he was in the common room on the third floor a few minutes ago".

"Thanks," say the goons, and go off to the far end of the building.

Dr X goes directly to the airport and calls his wife from Egypt, where he hangs out for a few months, until the government pass him the word that he can come home now, they're not after him any more (until next time).

englishal
5th Oct 2005, 09:28
So long as you have now done three T/O and L/D with your pax, you are now legal again....

As for handing yourself in, put it down to experience, and make no mention of pax in the logbook :O