PDA

View Full Version : New Dubai Controllers

Classic Flyer
3rd Oct 2005, 11:17
Noticed a lot of new "local accents," while flying in and out of Dubai over the last half year. Some of these guys are pretty hard to understand and the quality of handling is, in my opinion, not up to the high standards that we are used to at Dubai. The South Africans, Brits and American controllers used to do a suburb job (and still do) and it is a shame that ATC is being diluted with locals. I suppose it all has to do with the big push in the UAE to push out and replace xpats with local talent.

Anybody else have an opinion?

JJflyer
3rd Oct 2005, 11:39
I have found level of ATC in Dubai actually rather good, be it locals or expats. If they have new guys working shifts it is understandable that it takes some time to get comfortable and learn all the tricks of the trade.

JJ

qsyenroute
3rd Oct 2005, 13:07
"diluted" ??

Nice one classic flyer. Who needs equality when we have your balanced views.

If you had any connections with ATC you would know that controllers, particularly in the Arabian Gulf, are taught to the highest standards and never get to sit in the hot seat without many months of rigorous training.

I have taught many controllers and know personally some of the finest "local" controllers in Africa and the Middle East.

Shame on you

Fletchers Left Boot
3rd Oct 2005, 15:38
a "suburb job"?

Well I guess the Tower isnt in the city centre then ;)

Spitoon
3rd Oct 2005, 18:10
Hey Classic, you must be fun to fly with. All those long hours in the cruise where you can share your opinions!