PDA

View Full Version : Sun and QXC!

Ian_Wannabe
2nd Oct 2005, 18:30
Hey guys 'n girls.... after all the cancellations and heartache, plenty of reading and writing on pprune together with your kind help I've FINALLY gone and completed my qualifying cross country!!

The tiredness has actually moved aside and it’s slowly sinking in that I actually did it..... All I can say right now is a big thank you for all the advice and... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MichaelJP59
2nd Oct 2005, 19:48
Well done Ian, don't know about you, but I found doing the QXC successfully was a bigger high than first solo:)

Aussie Andy
3rd Oct 2005, 06:31
I agree with Michael - to me this is the most important milestone on your way to the PPL, so well done you!

Andy :ok:

veetwo
3rd Oct 2005, 11:04
Definately agree with the two chaps above - QXC was when I started to feel like a "real" Pilot. Congrats!

V2

Ian_Wannabe
3rd Oct 2005, 16:26
Cool! Cheers - 'N yup, better high than first solo!

MyData
3rd Oct 2005, 20:16
Ian

Congratulations. Did you do your QXC on Sunday - like me ;-)

I didn't feel as elated as my first solo, but was extremely pleased to get the certificate signed and stamped.

Absolutely exhausted by the end of it - physically and mentally. I did 4.1 hrs yesterday and slept like a log last night!

Arclite01
3rd Oct 2005, 20:43
Well done both !

And yes it really does make you knackered.

My wife had to drive me home after mine as I was so exhausted !

cheers

Arc

Ian_Wannabe
4th Oct 2005, 13:12
My Data - Nice one well done! Its still a good feeling to have finally done it though isnt it?

'n yup, Its SO tiring I dont think ive ever had to concentrate so hard for so long.... but worth it.

Autofly
4th Oct 2005, 14:12
Ian_Wannabe, massive congrats to you. :) Not long now and you be out without the CFI's permission:O :O :O

AF