PDA

View Full Version : Munchies at work?

Smurfjet
1st Oct 2005, 23:55
So what do you bring with you when you have a day shift? A night shift?

And do you share with your colleagues? :cool:

Smurf ususally takes sweets or veggies. If stuck I always have baby carrots as a backup. Very popular (and addictive!).

Jerricho
2nd Oct 2005, 00:16
Bag of popcorn for a night shift is always a great thing. :ok:

Talkdownman
2nd Oct 2005, 00:21
What is a night shift?

Jerricho
2nd Oct 2005, 00:35
:suspect:

flower
2nd Oct 2005, 10:07
I'm just baking a chocolate cake to take in for my colleagues to enjoy this afternoon shift.
Chocolate chips and butter icing, delicious even if I say so myself :cool:

121,9_za
2nd Oct 2005, 10:12
Hey flower, don't ya wanna move to SA????:D :D :D

Gonzo
2nd Oct 2005, 13:58
Mars bar shortbread!

JustaFew
2nd Oct 2005, 19:49
A large muffin.

karrank
3rd Oct 2005, 01:24
"A large muffin"

Reminds me of a story I heard about a young girl eating same while visiting her Uncle at work. He was a barber, and when she got a bit close to the customer he said quietly, "You're going to get hair on your muffin."

She said, "Yeah! And I'm going to grow tits too."

Now back to the topic. I don't like to eat anything but muesli bars at work, but have been known to guzzle chocolate, chocolate bars, chocolate biscuits, chocolate cake, chocolates. I'd probably eat chocolate coated dog crap.

JustaFew
4th Oct 2005, 16:34
I think you're splitting hairs.....

Jerricho
5th Oct 2005, 15:10
"Yeah! And I'm going to grow tits too."

AND

Chocolate chips and butter icing

Certainly one way for a bloke to grow breasts.

REVOLUTION
5th Oct 2005, 21:24
Wrigleys Extra!

Coast
6th Oct 2005, 20:53
Sushi (and a muffin) :ok:

britkit
27th Oct 2005, 23:01
What is a night shift, haven't done one in yonks!:O

Only kidding! Used to do nights at a previous unit and ate my way through the night, as once I'm awake that's it. I used to make sure I took in a proper meal, or you'd 'flag' during the night, but some people can't eat really late.

Just recently we've had to become self-sufficient, as the food in the airport restaurant has often left a lot to be desired (new chef, still finding his feet).

If I'm on a day shift it depends on the time of year, in the summer I'll take in a big salad, autumn winter it's tins of soup or ravioli.
As for sharing with colleagues - rarely if ever, especially if there's chocolate concerned (not me, one of the blokes is worse for it than a girl with PMT!)

Britkit

leavingonajetplane
28th Oct 2005, 15:09
Those little rice crackers and some cottage cheese (Diet):(

flugholm
28th Oct 2005, 15:50
Delicious pumpernickel bread and sometimes some carrots, celery or radish for both day or night shifts. Try to stay away from the M&Ms and Toblerones from the airport shop -- they are not healthy, neither for the wallet nor for the body! :uhoh:

Bus429
28th Oct 2005, 15:58
Night shifts are fatal!
While working for a major Middle Eastern carrier, we used to raid the aircraft's first class fridge for leftover goodies like Belgian chocolates.
Wherever I've worked, galley raiding was rife. One US customer's cabin staff used to hand us the cabin log and tell us that breakfast was in the hat rack above seat row...:O

AirNoServicesAustralia
28th Oct 2005, 18:52
Gotta say you can't beat some nice samosas and dipping sauce, although a colleague brings in cheese, crackers, pickled onions and this sardine dip thing and thats pretty good (although the ops room needs a good air out afterwards!!)

5milesbaby
28th Oct 2005, 19:59
Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli crisps big bag first session (gutted that they have stopped selling the HUGE bag in the local Sainsbury's), sandwiches 2nd, and home made fruit salad third stuffed full of fresh pineapple (just to make me feel I've had a healthy night!). Sets my ar$e up good and proper!!!!

Turn It Off
28th Oct 2005, 22:22
Pizza, followed by a helping of Pizza - always does the trick!

flower
28th Oct 2005, 22:25
TIO,
what about all your Burger Kings :p