PDA

View Full Version : HASELL Check Anyone?

distaff_beancounter
1st Oct 2005, 17:04
I was just watching ITV 1 - You've Been Framed! with half an eye while working on my PC.

Did anyone else catch the clip of a light aircraft (Cessna 152 perhaps?) doing what appeared to be a loop. There must have been a camera on the control panel pointing backwards

It showed the two people in the front seats, and in the back a fairly large brown dog.

The dog was totally unrestrained and in the middle of the loop it was floating around near the roof and between the two pilots. It was scrabling about and apparently terrified due to the unexpected effects of negative G.

It beggars belief :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok rant over - I will go back to work!

Confabulous
1st Oct 2005, 17:19
Certainly the dog should have been restrained - no telling what it'd do when confronted by zero G (probably not negative G, as every man and his dog (pun intended) has seen this clip - the dog would have hit the ceiling with negative G, which it didn't.) Also it almost certainly wasn't a loop, more likely a bunt or similar - pitching down suddenly to get reduced G.

I believe the CAA requires all animals to be restrained usings a proper restraint or alternatively caged?

Not sure which part you think beggars belief (the zero G or the dog unrestrained - all aircraft are structurally cleared for zero G, even if the engine isn't.)

All in all, not a smart idea to leave the dog unrestrained - god knows what the accident report would say.

Confab

distaff_beancounter
1st Oct 2005, 17:32
Not sure which part you think beggars belief
Confabulous I could not decide which worried my most:-

Lack of good airmanship

Or cruelty to the dog!

Pitts2112
1st Oct 2005, 17:37
Ok, am I the only one around here who actually found it kinda funny?

Didn't look like the dog was terrified or got hurt.

Pitts2112

Warped Factor
1st Oct 2005, 17:39
Was it this clip (http://www.winxpnews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=050524FA-Flying&mid=1424360897140964)?

Just a gentle zero/negative g push over by the looks of things.

WF.

Confabulous
1st Oct 2005, 17:51
It's interesting to argue lack of good airmanship imo... the aircraft was flown within limits, and while the 'cargo' floated around a bit, it wasn't injured and didn't look too scared - was probably a bit confused, as we all would be in zero G.

Cruelty to the dog? It probably wasn't done with intent to cause pain or suffering - I suppose you could claim psychological trauma to the dog :} :p

Now where's the dog psychotherapist when you need him?

Pitts2112 - it WAS funny :ok: :D

Flash0710
1st Oct 2005, 18:32
I laughed so did many normal people i showed it to......

F.

foxmoth
1st Oct 2005, 19:19
This clip did the rounds a month or so back:rolleyes:

Leezyjet
1st Oct 2005, 22:15
Personally and I speak as a dog lover, I found it absolutely hilarious. Had me laughing for hours afterwards.

I'm sure the dog was no less harmed doing that than doing regular "dog" things like jumping up to catch balls/sticks/frisbee's etc.

It was right up there with the "bear traffic control" video clip that has been donig the rounds.

:D

englishal
2nd Oct 2005, 04:31
The dog probably enjoyed it. I found it funny:D

flygirlnz
2nd Oct 2005, 07:25
I too am a dog lover and that dog did not look too bothered at all.

Perhaps the dog has been up several times and knows the drill, so to bark!

skydriller
2nd Oct 2005, 08:06
Made me laugh too!!:D

Which bear clip...?:suspect:

Regards, SD..

Flash0710
2nd Oct 2005, 08:57
Yeah i wanna see "Bear Traffic Control " too........:O :O

F.

mad_jock
2nd Oct 2005, 14:55
Can't find a clip of it on the net.

But there is one kicking around of some asian bloke throwing his dog into the jetwash of a 747 as it departs. The dog gets flung about 150ft out into a bay and lands in the water.

Where apon it swims to shore and legs it back up to its owner who then chucks it into the next departing.

Must be a Jack Russel or some other mental type.

Arclite01
2nd Oct 2005, 16:46
You people are just plain dumb.

It was not funny and it was dangerous. And I would report anyone I saw doing it to the CAA.

Arc

Confabulous
2nd Oct 2005, 16:59
Arclite - how exactly would you see them do it? To be that close you'd have to be in formation - and chances are you wouldn't have agreed to formate on the a/c, which means we'd have to report you too :E :ok:

OVC002
2nd Oct 2005, 17:43
Arclite, did you mean to say: "IMHO it was not funny and it was dangerous. And I would report anyone I saw doing it to the CAA."

If not, as a point of interest, I do not rely on you for instruction as to what is funny, or not.

As far as I can tell the majority of participants here are reasonably intelligent. By all means voice your opinions, but please don't tell us what to believe.

Unscientific I know, but everybody that I've shown it to has p!ssed their pants.

Flash0710
2nd Oct 2005, 19:13
Not another pointless reporter....

Just what we need you are.......

F