PDA

View Full Version : m1 visa processing

nouseforaname
28th Sep 2005, 13:20
Hi,

i've got the form in the post to me from the school i'm going to in Florida as they don't want to touch me without a visa.

The said either the M1 or the J1...I want the one that get's processed the fastest.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience regarding expected processing times post interview at the embassy?

Thanks very much TD

Charlie Zulu
28th Sep 2005, 13:40
The latest M1 visa that I have received was in June of this year.

Phoned the US Embassy on their premium rate telephone line and was given the earliest possible date of four weeks later.

Then it was a whole day out at the US Embassy (again!) for a three hour wait at the Embassy for the 1 minute interview (if that) and finger prints taken.

The visa arrived stuck in my passport two days later. They say to allow up to 10 working days for arrival and someone has to be at home to sign for the package. Don't forget the £10 (cash) that they require at the Embassy to send your passport back to you...

Lastly very glad to hear the flight school you will be attending won't touch you without a visa. Sounds like they are doing things correctly.

nouseforaname
28th Sep 2005, 14:47
Hi,

i've been looking on the US embassy webpage and can't find their premium rate number...you woulnd't still have it would you?

much appreciated

Warped Factor
28th Sep 2005, 15:28
Operator Assisted Visa Information

Call 09055-444-546 Monday through Friday, between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm, and Saturday, between 09.00 am and 4.00 pm.

The service is not available on British public holidays. Calls to this line are charged at £1.30/min from BT landlines. Some mobile and network providers may charge more.

Callers from outside the UK and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number.

WF.

nouseforaname
28th Sep 2005, 15:48
thanks very much...got an appointment for 3weeks time

rgds,

TD

GRP
28th Sep 2005, 20:50
Just been up there today. It took me about 4 hours from arriving outside to being done. Sadly I didn't get the visa (M1) though because my passport was too tatty. You don't want any damage anywhere near the data strip on the bottom of the photo page!

So.. new passport on monday! I don't have to go back... the US Embassy will pick up by courier, process it and return it to me apparently. I was told the turnaround time would be no more than a week once they have it back.

TSA approval took me about 4 weeks should you be wondering about that.

Flyboy-F33
29th Sep 2005, 06:52
What were the fees charged for this process?

Warped Factor
29th Sep 2005, 09:47
US Embassy, London Visa FAQs (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/faqs/faq_visa_niv.html)

Most questions answered at the above link.

M1 visa application is £60, then there's £10 (cash) on the day for the courier and also a fee for SEVIS ($100) at some point.

It's a year or so since I went through the process, don't recall if there's any other charges.

WF.