PDA

View Full Version : NATS and the Unions

radarman
27th Sep 2005, 10:25
We're due to be TUPE'd over to NATS at the end of the year. Most of us are in the SERCO final salary pension scheme, but it looks as though transferring into the NATS one may be a problem. A bit naive about the big bad world of industrial relations, so any ideas about which would be the best union to join to give us muscle if NATS try to do the dirty on us.

Chromium
27th Sep 2005, 11:25
My suggestion is to visit the ACAS website www.acas.co.uk, they are the people that know about TUPE agreements. Totally unbiased, and well respected organisation

The company I work for was recently bought by another and the pension wasn't transfered over because the scheme was in debt, and the new pension provider would not allow it

BEXIL160
27th Sep 2005, 13:01
The union that looks after most NATS ATCOs is:
http://www.prospect.org.uk/ (have a look at the extensive site map)
I would urge you to join asap..... but then I would, wouldn't I
:ok:

Rgds BEX

benedictus
27th Sep 2005, 16:25
If you're working at one of the centres or NATS premiere airports EGLL, EGKK then Prospect will work wonders for you, if you work at one of the regional airports as I guess you will be then forget it as they're just not interested.

I've been a great believer in the union ethic all my life and foolishly believed that this one would represent my interests, but I like many of my colleagues at the airports found out that Prospect just don't care and don't like it if you try and stand up for yourself and demand fair representation 'cos when you do you're deemed to be "hostile" and they don't like people standing up for themselves.

That's my opinion and I resigned from the union because of it, maybe things will change and I'll rejoin but I doubt it.

HounslowHarry
29th Sep 2005, 23:32
Thanks for that benedictus. Really helps Radarman with his query. Perhaps you could PM me with your unit and your gripes. I'd like to know more. Unfortunately I haven't come across you recently, which is a shame as you're a great believer in the union ethic.

By the way what was your overall pay rise last year, and how are your T&Cs and Working Practices? Ok - now lets turn to the thread!

Radarman- sorry about that last bit.

PM me and perhaps we can have a more private conversations about TUPE and representation at XXXX, and the future. I know Prospect have already had some discussions about your unit, although they don't quite have representational rights there, but there has been relatively little involvement for reasons i'd rather not discuss here.

I look forward to your email.

HH