View Full Version : Former Southwest 737-200s

Kiwiguy
25th Sep 2005, 01:41
I am attempting to create a budget start-up in my part of the world and wonder if anyone might suggest where I can locate manuals for former Southwest 737-200s please ?

I need some help/mentoring to acquire an AOC if anyone is interested in getting involved. Because FAA aircraft certification has automatic legal status here, a short cut to writing new manuals for our CAA would be to adapt an existing manual for the same planes.

Thanks Simon

Farrell
25th Sep 2005, 03:53
http://www.esscoaircraft.com/category_s/8192.htm

Kiwiguy
25th Sep 2005, 07:16
Thanks Farrell

I had previously found that website, but I thought since each 732 is built with different specs per airline, wouldn't the manuals be vastly different ?

I mean an ex Southwest aircraft is a 737-2H4, United had the 737-222 and Continental had the 737-224.

I guess another way to tackle this is to say how different would an Ops manual be between a -222 or a -224 and the 2H4 manual which I desire ?

I realise each airline will have different needs and therefore different proceedures... What I refer to is how much does the aircraft's technical specifications impact the Ops manual ?

The 737-2H4 has the JT8D-9 engine which is very hard to get performance specs for in any case.

737-100 with JT8D-7 is well published. So is the performance with JT8D-15 but the -200 with -9 engines is a rare bird to get specs for ?

-Simon

Post Script, I gather Boeing has a technical manual writing division which can provide such data. Has anybody ever had dealings with them and how much they can provide ?

If in preparing an application for an AOC I recruited a chief pilot to put together an ops manual for a 737-2H4 how would that chief pilot go about it ?

TR4A
25th Sep 2005, 17:36
Kiwiguy

I sent you a private message. You might try contacting Southwest. We stopping flying the -200 in January. Maybe they can help you.

Kiwiguy
26th Sep 2005, 04:07
You,ve all been huge help guys. Thanks Farrell, TR4A I will contact Southwest and ASFKAP that link to Boeing looks promising aswell.

Worth chasing up the broker aswell as possibly the aircraft could be sold with their former manuals ?