PDA

View Full Version : boeing 707-138B (QANTAS) weights

phil@LFPG
24th Sep 2005, 13:01
hello,

i was wondering what is the specific weights for this aircraft type made only for QANTAS ???
i m seeking OEW ZFW TOW LDW and fuel cap

thanks

phil

411A
24th Sep 2005, 14:04
All weights in pounds...

MTOW 258,000
MZFW 170,000
MLW 190,000
OEW 124, 600

Fuel cap 17,334 USG

phil@LFPG
24th Sep 2005, 15:03
thanks 411A,

so the same as other 120B ??? i was thinking they increase fuel capacity for longer flights ??? an SP in advance

phil

411A
24th Sep 2005, 22:23
B707-120B long body.
Fuel capacity, 15,427 USG.

Average fuel burn for the -138B, 11,400 pounds/hour, on long sectors (more than 9 hours).

The -138B was a nice aeroplane, but was equipped with the parallel yaw damper (OFF for takeoff/landing) so it was a tail-wagging son-of-a-gun in gusty winds, during landing.

It was also the shortest fuselage length of the 707 series.
Max seating, all economy, 166 pax.

phil@LFPG
25th Sep 2005, 10:20
hello 411A,

would you mind when i finish my profile to check my result with a given flight plan ???!!!

i typo all datas to fed the computer and it ll give results ???!!!

what was the taxi time/fuel in general ???!!!

truly yours

phil

ps do you have one engine out chart ???!!!

411A
25th Sep 2005, 14:21
Taxi fuel on most 707 flight plans was computed at 1000 pounds, which covered rather long taxi/delays, 25 minutes.
Remember, these aircraft did not have an APU, and for this reason, all engines were normally started at the gate.
Cross-bleed starts were possible of course (after starting number three engine with external air) but many times were frowned upon by airport managements, due to jet blast considerations.

One engine cruise for longer range varients of the fan-powered 707 were all quite similar.
Should an engine fail enroute, descent was commenced, and the altitude selected would of course depend on weight, but the increased fuel burn for the 3-engine cruise was (approximately) 1100 pounds/hr (heavy weights) 900 pounds/hr (mid-weights).
Three engine cruise speed was computed, for flight planning purposes at 440KTAS.

In addition, PanAmerican had on their aircraft a specific modification, whereby the two hydraulic systems (utility and aux) could be interconnected in flight, in the event the landing gear was not able to be retracted just after takeoff, due to one truck not being level, using the normal procedure.
This avoided having to dump large amounts of fuel, for a return.
I used this alternate procedure one time only, and it worked like a charm.

While I did not fly for PanAmerican, I flew many of their aircraft when they had been sold to other operators, but trained at PanAm many times.
The absolute finest training I have ever received...period.