PDA

View Full Version : Are these guys having fun or what?

routechecker
23rd Sep 2005, 18:19
Despite all the arguments for correct R/T, this still gives that old ATC "good feeling" together with a good grin on your face.

http://xeon.web.simplesnet.pt/twr_fun.mp3

If the above link does not work hit http://xeon.web.simplesnet.pt/ and choose Torre hilariante

rgs

121,9_za
23rd Sep 2005, 18:26
Sounds like fun!!:D

TCAS FAN
23rd Sep 2005, 18:37
From what I understand the UK controllers get hauled over the coals for dropping the "Golf" from a UK registration/callsign, not specifying "degrees" with a heading and using "good morning/good day/bonjour/au revoir" as a greeting/farewell. While not agreeing with the excesses of some FAA ATCOs, its a completely different world when flying in the States. But do they get the job done?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Sep 2005, 18:45
The guy deserves a medal... but current day management would never understand!

Farrell
23rd Sep 2005, 19:12
Great stuff......

I remember being told on sunny afternoon after annoying an ATCO about something....

"November 53797, if you'd just turn left 10 degrees and say a slow "Hail Mary" dang you'd be somebody else's problem!"

almost professional
24th Sep 2005, 09:27
now there is a standard of R/T I could strive for!

360BakTrak
24th Sep 2005, 17:02
Might send em' my CV! :}

Pierre Argh
24th Sep 2005, 20:19
How about this one... heard many moons ago, from an American ATCO working in this country...

"Traffic left... blah, blah, there's no way you can miss it, but turn left thirty degrees and we'll try for a glancing blow!"

Jerricho
24th Sep 2005, 20:35
Hey Hammy, sounds like one of my old tape checks, eh mate? ;)

TheOddOne
24th Sep 2005, 21:02
D'you know, if they cut the cr*p and stuck to ICAO phraseology, they could actually start introducing the concept of READBACK!!!

The Odd One

Cartman's Twin
26th Sep 2005, 12:08
He certainly sounds laid back!

I don't think our Local Competency Examiners (RT checkers) would be too keen on his approach. There's a time and a place though. When it's busy at TC (or anywhere else of course.....) there's no time for such a jovial attitude, but when it's really quiet, such as night shifts, I like to keep a smightly less formal ship, the odd witticism makes your life that little bit brighter!

Midland 331
26th Sep 2005, 12:25
There was a chap who worked various sectors of Manchester TMA (incl. Pennine) about ten to fifteen years ago who was as droll, if not worse (better?). Slow delivery, lightening wit, very professional and helpful with it.

Did he retire? He was serious entertainment!

" Gill767P, point at the LBA and then tell me what you're heading..."

:-)

Send Clowns
26th Sep 2005, 17:56
TCAS - I don't think so, unless I always speak to insubordinate Air Tragic, rebels without a G. They are friendly, usually say hello and 'bye and some even (horror) drop my golf. Even banter with the local ones if the frequency is quiet, as I know a few of them. I liked the Cherbourg controller who called me "November twice"! Much easier to say than "G-BZNN".