PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Tower

Beagle-eye
21st Sep 2005, 17:23
I notice that there are people inhabiting (?) the new tower at Edinburgh. Does anybody know if it is now operational and, if not, when is it likely to be so ?

TheOddOne
21st Sep 2005, 17:28
Are they going straight to EFPS?

Seems trouble-free at LGW & STN.

TOO

Gonzo
21st Sep 2005, 19:36
TOO,

No, we get it next October, supposedly, and then Luton after us. Not sure about beyond that...

slink
7th Oct 2005, 23:24
No, we're keeping our trusted bits of paper and plastic...how do you through an EFPS at your ATSA anyway?

The big move is planned for next Saturday evening (15 Oct) - any inhabitants you see before are either engineers, or us being nosey!

SilentHandover
8th Oct 2005, 08:24
Slink,

These days the ATCO grabs the ATSA by the scruff of the neck and slams his/her head against the EFPS screen, clearing several to take off at the same time.

It hurts more than a plastic strip holder but less than a metel one.

SH

Slaphead
8th Oct 2005, 10:29
New tower goes live some time during the evening of Saturday the 15th of October.

Hootin an a roarin
8th Oct 2005, 11:48
We aim to be operational in the new tower at 2000 local on Sat 15th October. Most of the equipment is up and running but we are not there quite yet!!

parkfell
9th Oct 2005, 10:07
And will the new vantage point improve flow rates?

Any plans for a clearance delivery frequency when busy - Ground seems to be swapped at certain times of the day?
:cool:

Vlad the Impaler
14th Oct 2005, 06:28
Gonzo old chap, read the post before wading in. You aren't the only place with a new tower, just the most important!!!!!

SilentHandover
14th Oct 2005, 07:14
Vlad

Learn to read before wading in!.

It appeared to me that Gonzo was answering the question whether PH was going to be EFPS equipped in their new tower and simply replied that LL was the next unit to be using our new system!!

Gonzo
14th Oct 2005, 07:48
Gonzo old chap, read the post before wading in. You aren't the only place with a new tower, just the most important!!!!!

Oh dear. I won't mention anything as facile as reading a post before wading in.......just that I'm sure everyone at EGPH are a bit miffed that you think we are more important than them!:} :ok:

fernytickles
16th Oct 2005, 02:27
Hope it went well on opening night? Does Phil Jackson still work there?

F

Kestrel_909
16th Oct 2005, 19:24
and Steve Linkstead? Not sure if I have spelled his name correctly or not.

How's life in the new tower?

Dances with Boffins
17th Oct 2005, 13:16
It looks a damn site more stable than Gonzo's new home. No guy-ropes for a start...

DwB:cool:

Hootin an a roarin
18th Oct 2005, 20:58
Argh! Linksted, a Legend in his own eyes!!!

:E :E :E

Jordan D
21st Oct 2005, 18:09
Was at EDI yesterday, for the first time since the tower was put up ... looks nice and new and snazzy. With the future expansion prospects now on the table, will the tower be good for them?

Jordan

brain fade
22nd Oct 2005, 23:29
Good luck with the new howf chaps (and chapesses).

Here's hoping it will help what is plainly a difficult task, become easier!

:ok:

slink
2nd Nov 2005, 16:48
Argh! Linksted, a Legend in his own eyes!!!

Ooh, I say....still, at least you left the "A" in the surname out!