View Full Version : Locked cockpit door

cub71
19th Sep 2005, 19:22
Somewhere in Germany today I heard a Japan Airlines talking to ATC. And during his transmition, I heard a sound that sounded very much like the sound that goes off when someone enters the code to open the cockpit door from the outside.

I wonder; is that normal routine anywhere? In my company, we only use that for emergency, and if the sound should go in my cockpit, I would select "deny" because that would be very suspicious to me.

jettesen
19th Sep 2005, 20:10
probably the crew going in with their meals. different airlines have different policies on cockpit entry

cub71
19th Sep 2005, 20:29
But as I understand, the code is the same everywhere. How do they know it isn't Osama Bin Laden outside trying to get in??

kooyheier
19th Sep 2005, 20:36
In our company we have a video camera that monitors who is in front of the door, and in the front galley as well. When one of the crew enters the code, The video screen activates automatically and we can view who's in front of the door or in the galley. And than decide if we want to let them in.

easy as that.

cheerio:cool:

Old Smokey
20th Sep 2005, 13:15
Is it a good idea to discuss these matters on a public forum?

I'm sure that any number of fully paid up members of 'Terrorists are Us' read these pages to glean all possible snippets of security information.

Regards,

Old Smokey

enicalyth
20th Sep 2005, 13:40
At my Re-Union Debate I spoke against the motion that "This House believes each generation of pilots is dummer (sic) than the last".

Oh!... I see. Silly Eni. Everybody knows how to open the door.... it's no secret.

M'lud I wish to amend my plea. Delete word "each"; substitute "this" and I am happy to propose the motion.