PDA

View Full Version : No confidence in management

zed3
15th Sep 2005, 06:16
Has any unit ever passed and published a vote of "no confidence" on it's management? If so what was the result?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
15th Sep 2005, 06:53
I'm not sure if votes of no confidence were involved but actions by controllers at a unit where I worked resulted in the early "departure" of two bosses.. Most notable was when a large number of ATCOs advertised themselves as "available" in Flight Magazine.... The brown stuff hitting the fan was amazing!!

coolbeans
15th Sep 2005, 07:23
"Vote of no confidence"

I thought this only happened in starwars
?

:cool:

15th Sep 2005, 07:51
I do recall an air of no confidence in a NATS senior manager some years ago...but it was countrywide rather than unit specific.
Think he went on to head Eurocontrol, or some part thereof...but I'm genuinely hazy on the detail....so I reserve the right to be wrong.

zed3
15th Sep 2005, 12:38
055166k ...... aah the 'E' word !

oct
15th Sep 2005, 16:02
maybe we should have a vote here at the college:O

Lon More
15th Sep 2005, 16:18
Think he went on to head Eurocontrol, or some part thereof Would his name have rhymed with an American truck producer?

Unfortunately the selection criteria used at Zed's unit are peculiar, particularly for higher management. It has often seemed that a pre-requisite is to have been vehemently against the very existance of the unit when appointing from outside the unit, and a total disregard for staff when appointing from within.
Unfortunately recent events there are proving this to be correct again. Unilateral decisions by management, agendas of meetings changed at the last minute, attempted intimidation of staff, and - despite this years +/- 7% increase in traffic handled, with reduced delays - measures resulting in reduced salary.

Forget "No confidence", bring back Guy Fawkes

A I
15th Sep 2005, 17:22
Hi Lon,

Can't think of the truck manufacturer but it was in the early 80's and the poll was taken by GATCO. The aforementioned senior manager dismissed it because non-members had been allowed to vote!!

If the old grey cells are working properly, I think it was over recruitment and training of which there was little and we could see a shortage of staff looming.

KM went on to much greater things and has now passed on, I believe. Not sure that the vote actually achieved anyting!!

A I :confused:

zed3
15th Sep 2005, 17:37
A1.....try Big M...hamburgers!!!!!!!! Lon , shame (scandal) that such a good atmosphere , aka , unit , has been destroyed and I mean destroyed , from within and before anyone comments I have more than 35 years' experience there . I don't like what is happening . It is sad .
Angry , Frustrated and Disgusted of 'ATC Service'.

Lon More
16th Sep 2005, 11:21
AI it was KM. Never actually met the guy, I guess Maastricht was just too far away from Brussel for him to bother about the workers.
Died of cancer I believe.

qcode
16th Sep 2005, 18:57
Here's one. Try asking the staff at LBA what they think about the management and controlling council, I would say no confidence at all.

White Hart
16th Sep 2005, 19:23
one could ask the same question at EGLL..........:hmm: