PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain Fly In - North Weald, Sun 18th Sept

AerBabe
12th Sep 2005, 07:53
Another fly-in at everyone's favourite airfield... It's not a themed event, just an excuse to commemorate the event.

PPR essential by telephone - 01992 564200 (you won't have the pleasure of talking to me; I'm off for a week).

I'll be visiting by BabeMobile... but probably the boring purple one and not the exciting orange one. See you there!

bletchleytugie
14th Sep 2005, 18:49
Another opportunity to get to North Weald missed.
Gliding Instructor renewal on Saturday, formation walking about on Sunday for Battle of Britain Parade.

AerBabe
14th Sep 2005, 20:32
I've managed to avoid the formation-walking this year. Will hopefully need to learn it soon though! :ok:

AerBabe
16th Sep 2005, 15:13
A quick reminder before the big day...

ozplane
16th Sep 2005, 15:47
Apologies for absence Aerbabe. Two reasons, the Airtourer is on it's annual and SWMBO is taking me to Bruges for a couple of days. Can't win.

Genghis the Engineer
16th Sep 2005, 16:57
I'll be visiting by BabeMobile... but probably the boring purple one and not the exciting orange one. See you there!
Or the flying one???????

G

LowNSlow
19th Sep 2005, 07:29
Had planned to go but ultimately couldn't unfortunately. How did it all go? The weather seemed reasonable so hopefully a goodly crowd turned up.

AerBabe
19th Sep 2005, 15:29
Sheesh ... and I had your headset in my car too!

Unfortunately, the 700 ft (ish) cloud base stopped many people from getting in. However, there was a good turnover of aircraft (if you pardon the expression), and many visitors by road.