PDA

View Full Version : Pilots meeting EK, nothing new!?

BYLAW
10th Sep 2005, 12:18
Seems everything is still under review, with important questions dodged.
Any comments?

Ramboflyer 1
10th Sep 2005, 12:21
Yeah goodbye!

Heard they are interviewing for Decs later this year a friend of mine has 1..........:mad:

Jack D
10th Sep 2005, 12:25
Does that mean your friendship will come to an end ?

Ramboflyer 1
10th Sep 2005, 13:44
No im glad hes got the chance , ill be a DEC elsewhere but think how stupid the principal of all that is....EK needs captains but they would rather take off the street than internally , thats a real vote of confidence..............:confused:

MR8
10th Sep 2005, 14:11
What a waste of time!! Can anyone tell me what TCAS is doing in that position? Is he really that dumb, or is he just a good actor?

Hours are not important for Upgrades, it's the experience within the company. The fact that hours are the main basis for upgrade policy is historical, and therefor shouldn't be changed unless proven that it doesn't work. As for DEC's, that a completely other discussion where hours suddenly are the only important thing.. :confused: :confused: Can anyone explain me what he was actually meaning when he was saying that??

This tosser didn't say one thing that actually made sense or wasn't completely irrelevant to the question asked.

What about the fatigue discussion.. A 24hr layover in JFK gives less fatigue then a 48 hr layover. Reason: the compter with the licenced software from the UK tells us so. Whatever you guys are experiencing in real life is only subjective, hence not scientific and can't be used for investigation.

But, I think next year will be so much better... with all those hot items UNDER REVIEW now, we can expect some great policy changes.. NOT!! :yuk: :yuk:

Was always quite an optimist, but today, I discovered again...

A very disappointed MR8

Vorsicht
10th Sep 2005, 14:17
I expect everyone is content they spent their day off well then!!!

I was watching the cricket, and even though it was rained out for most of the day, I think my time was well spent compared to the frustration of attending another useless meeting.

kokkos
10th Sep 2005, 14:38
Told you so.
Waste of your time.
Learn the hard way, the way this f@#$%d-up company is about to learn.

Not from here
10th Sep 2005, 14:39
So they didn’t announce the new improved SBS system,
The pay rise
How there going to find crew so we can all get a few days off

Well it would seem spending the day at home was the right choice.

:D :D :D

Ahad Adump
10th Sep 2005, 14:44
Hey what happened to that rightious fool GN ?
Quiet now old man.
The s**t is about to hit the fan.
Those W*****S had their last chance.

Shake
10th Sep 2005, 14:57
FUEK, enough is enough. If this is the best you can do in 'man management' then you deserve to lose all the pilots who are going to walk. What a waste of time.

Bart O'Lynn
10th Sep 2005, 15:50
Shake, don, alpha, seaman et al.

Dont bite this is an olive branch, not a wind up. You guys are getting dicked about because of the empire building of a few ****** expat arab arsekissers. Kids in school, wife in the clubs etc.Houses in the uk, and a **** load more money than you.
Walking is the only way. DEC are a way of life everywhere. The uk is strong, lots of temp contracts around to draw breath, and soften the blow.
I have many mates in ek who have genrally done well. All pre 750 seniority. and all generally politcally grey.It seems they were lucky to escape the changes. Soon though you will be outnumbered by the latest breed of recruit to whom ek is a financial paradise. EK will have gone full circle then. Started in the third world and crewed by the third world...its cheaper.. Again i know many from the past wwho fit the bill.
It aint worth it the hassles anymore, bite the bullet, it aint so bad paying tax. Jump off the crest, not swim up the trough.

My personnal philosophy for moving..when the hassle factor exceeds the fun factor...bug out..family and all.

Olive branch closed..back to wind ups:ok:

donpizmeov
10th Sep 2005, 16:08
Bart,

Ya big softie.......As has been said before its a sign of the times. We missed the good times in the industry by a few decades...before the invention of the bean counter!!!! Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this industry.

DXB is just becoming a work site owned by the greedy, built by slaves. Costs are out of control, and it does become a bit depressing. I think its important those thinking of coming here hear about this stuff as well as all the glossy new aeroplanes and great routes stuff.

I guess the rapid decline which has changed a great job to just another job, that has taken place over the past few years has not been a very pleasant thing to watch.

Although an olive branch is nice..a beer branch would have been better. [email protected] EK fellas are never happy!!!!!!!!

Don:E :E

Warlock2000
10th Sep 2005, 23:14
Glad to see the meeting was a success!
So how much is the pay rise in October...?

411A
10th Sep 2005, 23:18
<<Hours are not important for Upgrades, it's the experience within the company.>>

The largest airline in SE Asia would seem to dis-agree, and indeed have been hiring DEC's for the last thirty years.

That malcontent F/O's within EK disagree, you ain't in management guys, so your opinion counts for zip.
As it should be, in any case.
Also, it ain't likely to change anytime soon.

Tough beans.:zzz:

mach-hog
11th Sep 2005, 05:32
:cool: AAAaaahhh, (yawn), ... hey gents, I just woke up from a good nap... anything happen? Ha ha ha...

Mach-hog ZZZzzz;)

Warlock2000
11th Sep 2005, 06:10
411A,

Geez after reading the 1st bit of your post I nearly thought that you had come to your senses....
then you add this STUPID comment: :...you ain't in management guys, so your opinion counts for zip.
As it should be, in any case."

"Err, Captain what about taking the gear now?"
"YOU AIN'T THE CAPT SO YOU OPINION COUNTS ZIP!"

A sinking feeling under your butt and a loud scraping sound follows, then the flames!

OOPS, MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE MY BIG HEAD OUT MY ARSE AND LISTEN NEXT TIME.

biff dup
11th Sep 2005, 12:35
Told by someone in HR today that meeting was perceived by management to have gone well.....comments anyone?

Shake
11th Sep 2005, 12:55
Of course it went well for them, they always will.

If you stand up in public to be counted you'll be knocked down in private. That's the way it works here.

All I saw was a fixed agenda given by managers with their heads in the sand, with no power to do anything about anything anyway.

Did it quell the unrest felt by many of us? Will it stop futher resignations? Did it do anything to make EK look like a better prospective employer?

Like previous meetings, we have more questions than we had before we went. So how well did it really go if issues were avoided and questions, the real questions remain unanswered?

White Knight
11th Sep 2005, 14:34
Good to see old "nobby"'s back, sorry, I meant to say 411a - the man on the ground here in the Gulf, font of all knowledge:yuk: :yuk: - just remember old bean that these same F/O's WILL BE THE management of the future (before you all say it - NOT ME:cool: ). Let's hope they've learnt some "people skills" along the way!!

To change the subject!
Actually - the English bowling was pretty damn good on day 4, session's 1 & 2. Pity Strauss let himself down so early on though. Oh yes 411 - cricket don't you know, nothing like the rounders game your lot play over there....:ok:

Scudsy
11th Sep 2005, 16:04
Missed the meeting but heard that from November 50% of crew (flight deck & cabin) will have to have a blood test every working day.

They can't think we've had an incident related to substance abuse can they?

Scooter Rassmussin
11th Sep 2005, 16:35
I hope theres a blood test for incompetance.........

typhoonpilot
11th Sep 2005, 16:36
Missed the meeting but heard that from November 50% of crew (flight deck & cabin) will have to have a blood test every working day.

Randon drug and alcohol testing was one of the items. If you have come from a country where this has been in place for many years it isn't much of a shock. Depends on how they handle it. One of the countries I flew in it was a daily occurence to be alcohol tested prior to duty. Doesn't really bother me.

The 50% figure refers to an annual cycle, not daily. The last airline I flew for we got paid an extra 15 minutes for the hassle, I'm sure Emirates will do that for us :ok:

Hey WK, don't you be dissing baseball. I'll have to stand on my tippy toes and smack you across the head :)

TP

Ghostflyer
11th Sep 2005, 17:42
Typhoon,

Will that be a legal smack across the head or drug assisted? Are you guys back? I thought you'd all turned your back on the players after the strike in '96. Mind you mixing the thread up a bit I'd love to see proper random drug testing in baseball!

"Mrs Rodriguez, we believe you when you say your husband didn't knowingly take steroids. But........please can you explain why you have a beard and a scrotum?!"

Ghost

typhoonpilot
11th Sep 2005, 18:01
Will that be a legal smack across the head or drug assisted?

If I were smart I'd be on steroids for a few months before confronting WK. He's a big guy :uhoh: , he'd have done well in American football. Probably as a tight end :p or better yet, a wide receiver :E

Baseball is the American past time. Even if the players are all on drugs and grossly overpaid, we still love the game.

TP

Bart O'Lynn
11th Sep 2005, 18:21
It doesnt bode well for your cause. Just heard another aquaintance from a single source has been accepted into your fold. Third world experience ,t+cs and roster practices so ek will seem like christmas. Coming from an enviroment with the jet hrs (and type) they have they wouldnt have got a sniff as recently as a few months ago.Floodgates are open now it seems . Looks like your bosses are moving well into the dilution tactic. Doesnt give the once previously famed selection process much credibility either.Give a starving man a cracker etc etc.

footsore
14th Sep 2005, 23:53
the only people who go to pilots meetings are the ones who haven't been in the company long enough to have been to one before.